Author Topic: Gary Brumfield Shenandoah rifle  (Read 3537 times)

Offline bgf

Gary Brumfield Shenandoah rifle
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »
I missed it on Sunday, and assume many other people did -- very nice:
http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/2011/12/gary-brumfield-shenandoah-valley.html

I don't know what compliment more I could pay it than to say it looks like an original of that type must have when new.  Refined but not overdone in any way.  Great detail, and I especially like the toeplate and PB release -- exactly the kind of thing one would expect on that type of rifle.

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
Re: Gary Brumfield Shenandoah rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 07:27:39 AM »
Very cool rifle. 20 yrs. is excesive though.

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:25:03 AM »
Thanks for the heads up --- I didn't even know it had been posted. Art asked me about using the pictures from my web site a long time ago and I had more or less forgotten about it.

Bill, you are absolutely right about the excessive build time. I guess that gos to show just how good a friend the owner is. We met in Officer Canadate School in 1970 and our entire families are closer than most folks are with their own kin.
Gary
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:03:26 PM by flintriflesmith »
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
May be excessive, but well worth the wait!! Beautiful!!!
Robby
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:04:35 PM by Robbie »
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
That's one heck of a nice gun.   A gun like this is far beyond my capabilities, that's why I concentrate on barn guns.   On
the other hand, you have established something that is priceless, a good friendship.   "Wealth" cannot always be measured in dollars and cents.........Don