Author Topic: Flintlock Doe  (Read 4196 times)

Offline wattlebuster

Flintlock Doe
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:52:13 PM »
I had to take a vacation day by the 1st or lose it so I got in the ladder stand behind my house this morning and at 6:50 this lil doe came along an got a self molded 527 roundball put to her. I shot her from bout 25 yrds as her head was down an put the ball between her shoulder blades for a spine buster. Must have worked cause she went down an never kicked a time. I hope to take one more doe for the freezer an then concentrate on taking some horns. I hope everyone elses season is going well ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: Flintlock Doe
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »
That rifle is beautiful and that doe is a nice one.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

KHickam

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »
very nice

Offline Stormrider51

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »
Congrats and good luck with getting the rest!

Storm

lakehopper

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 02:26:48 PM »
Congrat on a nice doe witha an even better looking rifle, I have been out all week and only saw two WCO walking the woods.

Oh well its hunting, not shopping and it beats staying home.

Glenn

Offline David R. Pennington

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
Looks delicious. I took a fat little button buck late last evening with my flintlock .50 homemade rifle. The first meat taken with it, (not counting 2 turkeys at our Nov. match and a couple head shot squirrels). I'm fixing to head out this afternoon to try and fill another tag. Last two days of antlerless and then we're done till next fall. Can't wait for some of that tender venison roasted on a fire (or next best, on grill).
VITA BREVIS- ARS LONGA

Offline Kopfjaeger

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
That's one beautiful rifle, and that stock is awesome.

Tell us more about that rifle.   ;D
" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "

roundball

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »

"...she went down an never kicked..."

I somehow must have completely missed this thread Watts...my belated congratulations, and yes, that's a beautiful piece of maple for sure
  :) 

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 05:02:46 AM »
Thanks Guys.. The rifle is a jim chambers Isaac Haines kit that I put together back in 2006. It was my first. It has a 38 inch rice 1in66 twist 54 cal barrel. The wood was a upgrade an I think Jim an Barbie done this ole redneck right. You cant see them but BOY did I make a ton of mistakes on this gun but they are mostly cosmetic an the rifle shoots really well.  Thanks agian RB an Kopfjaeger ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

NAF#123

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 10:08:05 AM »
Beautiful rifle and a nice doe as well