Author Topic: Hershal House Rifle on the Blog  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Majorjoel

Hershal House Rifle on the Blog
« on: January 12, 2012, 04:33:43 PM »
 From the very detailed photos I can now see what everyone is raving about when it comes to this fine masters work! What an elegant rifle!
Joel Hall

Tony Clark

Re: Hershal House Rifle on the Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »

That sure is pretty. He really fancied that one up. I like the cheeckpiece side the way it's so dished out and nice and slim. I also like the way he bumps out that rear ramrod pipe so you can feel it when your carrying and holding it to shoot. Always a lot to like with Herschels guns they are all one of a kind just like him.

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 11:53:05 PM »
Yeaaaaah Boy!!! That is one worth waiting quite a while in the bushes for. Thanks for letting us know that it is on The Blog.
Dick

Offline M Tornichio

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:35:59 AM »
This rifle reminds me of the iron mounted jacob  young rifle, but I think Hershel made a unique rifle that is truely his own. I am really glad that I we get to see rifles like this on the blog.

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
It is a fantastic rifle.  A good example of one of Hershel's two main styles he came to be known for - this one his Jacob Young influenced style, with some Bull and other Tennessee southwest Virginia inflluences as well.  Fun to note that no one - not even Hershel - knew the iron mounted Jacob Young rifle existed back when this rifle was made. 

Guy