Author Topic: Mike Gahagan on blogspot  (Read 3475 times)

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Mike Gahagan on blogspot
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:41:35 PM »
Andover, Vermont

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
Re: Mike Gahagan on blogspot
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
My thoughts exactly Rich.  One of the best interpretations of a late flint piedmont North Carolina - some Mecklenburg, Davidson and Rowan influence - that I have ever seen.  These rifles are known for their fine metal work and Mike's piece does them justice.  Just great.  Really captures the feel of the "WB 1813" rifle

Guy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:19:07 PM by G-Man »

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:30 PM »
Yes sir, that is a fine gun.  Beautiful design and workmanship with a bit of mellowing patina.  I love it Mike!

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:08:13 PM »
The final destination for this rifle is Germany, but at the moment is resides in my gun room.  Pictures just cannot do it justice.  As usual Mike's work leaves absolutely nothing else to be desired.

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:48:06 PM »
One has a tendency to look at the big details but even though those details shine the small details realy stand out too. What a splendid rifle. Mike can you tell us more about the triggers? The new owner will be happy.   Smylee

Offline Mike Gahagan

• Mike Gahagan-Gunmaker
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »
Thanks fellers.
The triggers is some that I made trying to get them to look close to the ones on the WB rifle.I prefer to make all of my own triggers,be it set or single.Most of the rifle was designed after the WB rifle,but I added some detail that are similar to what Isaac Thompson and SMB used on their guns.I will be glad to answer anymore questions if you have any.

54Bucks

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 01:00:21 AM »
 Darn it! Another builder's work has developed far beyond the depths of my pockets. Keep it up Mike. It's still a pleasure to see your work.

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »
Just a great rifle from top to bottom. Even beyond flawless workmanship, a great interpretation. I hope the owner can appreciate the handwork and the nuances of the school.