Author Topic: Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Canute Rex

Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »
It's coming up the 11th and 12th of February. Those of you within a few hours drive of southern Vermont should grab your wooden snowshoes and your firelock and come on over. Here's the link:

http://www.svtpb.org/

It's a 1 1/2 mile run (or fast walk, in my case) through the woods, with nine shots at hanging gong targets. Each hit takes five minutes off your time. There are also other target shoots going on during the day - a five card draw, a timed shoot (max number of gong hits in five minutes) and a regular paper target shoot.

I just did the Smuggler's Notch primitive biathlon with my matchlock musket. My shooting was, well, lets just say it stank up the place, but the woods were beautiful and the company was good. They had a buck-a-shot competition shooting at hanging golf balls for a pound of powder.

There's another primitive biathlon coming in Dalton NH on the 18th and 19th.

I hope to see a few of you in Manchester. I'll forgive you guys in B.C. if you don't show up.

deertracker

Re: Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 02:51:54 AM »
I've been lucky enough to participate in every SVPB so far! It's always a great time with a wonderful group of people. I get to go this year with my son, who I'm sure will beat me soundly! I had a great time yesterday at the  "original primitive biathlon" at Smuggler's Notch.