Author Topic: Pistol ideas  (Read 2602 times)

Vomitus

Pistol ideas
« on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:38 AM »
 Hey Gents,
  I acquired a nice looking pistol barrel about 8 inches long,octagon to round tapered to a cannon type muzzle. I think Taylor said it was a Green Mtn. It has very narrow lands with large (wide) grooves.
  Can anyone please show me their builds or others builds that use this type of barrel? Looking for some ideas,thanks guys! Roy

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
Re: Pistol ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:09 AM »
   Take a look a www.firelockpistols.com   Chris Atland shows a number of nice pistols there using your type of barrel.  If you got your tax refund you can order the silver mounted parts sets....
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Vomitus

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »
   Thanks Ron, Man, Chris sure does an interesting Beck pistol.
  Keep 'em coming.

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »
Mark Wheland built the silver mounted Beck pistol shown in chris' site.  It was at the Lewisburg show a year or two ago...
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »
This started as one of those silver Beck kits.  Saved the silver mounts for a peice of stump burl wood I've got that's pretty fancy, here I used the stock, barrel and lock from the kit and put brass mounts with it for a Maryland styling.  Actually just started on the silver one, got a .54 swamped oct/rd to go with that, wanted the .54 to go with my hunting rifle as a backup shot.

"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"