Author Topic: Edward Henson Rifle  (Read 2845 times)

cahil_2

Edward Henson Rifle
« on: February 20, 2012, 01:29:03 AM »
Thought you might like to see this Edward Henson rifle.  Ed is a member of the Grand Valley Cap n Ballers in Dorr, Michigan.  It has a 38 inch Colerain swamped barrel.  As you can see by the pics, the wood is premium and the wood to  metal finish is excellent.  Small siler lock, and I don't know what trigger is in it.  It is a 45 Cal and is my favorite rifle.  My brother also owns a Henson gun with a cherry stock and it is also a beautiful rifle.  Will try to get some pics of that next time I see him and post them.

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Re: Edward Henson Rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »
You were right.  I did like to see it.  Beautiful wood and I like the carving.  Let's see the forestock!
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 05:21:27 AM »
A gun to be proud of!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline Glenn

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 05:38:28 AM »
Beautiful gun with beautiful wood figure and stain color.  Excellent choice of lock IMHO.   ;D
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.