Author Topic: Another Target  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Another Target
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:40 PM »

This new rifle Gr Mt barrel narrow lands wide grooves can't really make up her mind if she will co-operate or not nor does she seem to know what will satisfy her... ::)
This trial was to see which combo grouped better at 100 yds rest.  The obvious result (that day at least) was that she needed 2 f goex over 3 f goex.  The last couple or three shots with the 2 f I couldn't resist in holding a bit higher at 1'Oclock.  Shooting was done with flat post and deep notched rear sight and shaders.  I have since opened the rear notch a frog hair more for the ol eyes...What say you,.  Should I dance with the new gal or stick with old reliable. ???
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:18:56 PM by Roger Fisher »

cahil_2

Re: Another Target
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »
Give her a chance.  She might need to be broke in.

Offline Standing Bear

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:59:44 AM »
Looks like the GM is coming in fine.  Might try 110 or 120 gr FFg to see if it tightens any or starts to open up.  And like was said the barrel probably needs some more breaking in anyway.
TC
Nothing is hard if you have the right equipment and know how to use it.  OR have friends who have both.

http://texasyouthhunting.com/

Vomitus

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:21:47 AM »
  Rog, them GM barrels are made from hard stuff compared to your old Getz.Maybe a light lapping might be in order? (JB?) Knock off the burrs.
Short start same ball with a 20thou patch. Stop slow dancing with the new bitc... er gal and do some boogie woogie! ;D Which ever, keep dancing! She doesn't know if she likes you yet! :o ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:36:00 AM by Leatherbelly »

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:00:57 AM »
Yeah- I agree with LB - but perhaps using different words. :D  Like TC- I'd be trying more powder with a thicker patch- same .495" ball.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
 Rog, them GM barrels are made from hard stuff compared to your old Getz.Maybe a light lapping might be in order? (JB?) Knock off the burrs.
Short start same ball with a 20thou patch. Stop slow dancing with the new bitc... er gal and do some boogie woogie! ;D Which ever, keep dancing! She doesn't know if she likes you yet! :o ;D
Light lapping with 0000 already done.  Patches come out reuseable.

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
Cool and as they should when one uses good combinations. Roger, what are you measuring that patch material with? Mic or calipers?