Author Topic: Lehigh Indian Head?  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Lehigh Indian Head?
« on: March 13, 2012, 01:05:08 AM »
I came across this rifle with a roman nose stock.  It has a pretty heavy drop in the butt. 
The butt is thin and narrow and reminds of of some Rupp rifles I have seen.  This toeplate
has an interesting indian head on it with what looks like two 0's.  Has anyone seen one
like it?
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Mark Tyler

Re: Lehigh Indian Head?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
From this photo it looks like the indian head was stamped after the toeplate was installed? Can you post more photos?

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »
I don't have any other photos.  The patchbox was definitely Derringer, so the gun was a mixture
of things.  Everything looked like a Dauphin Cty rifle except the patchbox.  This toeplate is obviously
also reused.  I thought it was interesting, but no one else had said anything.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Swampwalker

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
My guess is these stamped indian heads don't have anything to do with the so-called Lehigh indian head.  Possibly it was a stamp on certain trade rifles?  Sounds like you have a parts rifle which makes any conclusions very uncertain.