Author Topic: 2012 Whiterocks, Utah St. Patricks Day Shoot  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Herb

2012 Whiterocks, Utah St. Patricks Day Shoot
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:18:05 AM »
This year's shoot was March 18 at Haneys, 25 miles west of Vernal.   There were 11 targets; two shamrocks, candy Easter chicks, 3 gongs, a ricochet shot at a Leprechaun, a one-inch square hole in a steel plate at about 40 feet, off-hand, one-inch pasters, a sliding wire Leprechaun, and a balloon floating down the canal, which no one shot due to weather.  I think a dozen shooters.  Neill tied with Wade, the only caplock shooter, and I came in fifth.  Weather was windy, with gusts nearly 40 mph, some light rain and a little snow.  Too cold for a group photo.  Here Neill is sizing up the targets with his brass-barreled .54 he made.

Carney taking a shot left-handed with a right hand flintlock.  There were 3 left-handed shooters.
Jean ready to shoot the sliding Leprechaun.

Jim Goodman shooting at the three white gongs.

Jean, Carole with the rifle I built her, Callie and Carney.

Four rifles.  My .40 Wigle at top, don't know what the next two are,  then Neill's brass barreled .54.  My rifle has a 15/16 x 44" barrel and weighs 12 1/2 pounds.  I did 30 push ups each morning for about six weeks ('S true), training for a .22 gallery match, 10 5-shot targets for ten weeks, I think it was, so I had enough muscle to hold this rifle, just barely.  I don't practice off-hand at such small targets, but need to!

The front of these rifles.

A fashion show.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:29:08 PM by Herb »
Herb

Offline heelerau

Re: 2012 Whiterocks, Utah St. Patricks Day Shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:58:24 AM »
Herb,
        great to see you all, Lynne, Niel, Carney, Jean and yourself all look great, time to come back over for a visit again

Cheers

Gordon
Keep yor  hoss well shod an' yor powdah dry !