Author Topic: york shoot  (Read 6920 times)

ERH

york shoot
« on: March 25, 2012, 01:29:55 AM »
any word on the york shoot first time in 5 years that i dint make it :'( :'( :'(

Offline Scott Bumpus

Re: york shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 01:32:52 AM »
Yea dang it, work kept me home.
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

Militant_Hillbilly

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 04:24:27 AM »
Paul Griffith won, not sure about the rest of the top 10, I didn't have a pen or paper handy.

ERH

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 07:49:28 AM »
anybody know his string measurement

Offline okieboy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »
 I believe that Paul shot 4.25" string. Now if he makes some comment about "If it hadn't been for those fliers!"
Okieboy

ERH

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 09:11:26 PM »
no pic ? anybody

Militant_Hillbilly

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 09:39:11 PM »
My camera messed up sometime during the 2nd relay. I do know that the people from the http://www.fentresscouriernews.com/ were there and they were taking a bunch of pictures and said they would post them in a few days.

Other people probably haven't got home yet and rested up enough to post them.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 12:55:15 AM »
Paul won the York with a 4.29" and Mike Medjesky (sp) was chasing him with just over 5". 180 +/- shooters, off and on rain, until just after the shoot, then it rained. Great time was had by all, again.
Mark
Mark

Militant_Hillbilly

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 02:08:45 AM »
I believe that Paul shot 4.25" string. Now if he makes some comment about "If it hadn't been for those fliers!"

I think he said that he had one shot that was an inch off X-center, but he had 4 spiders to make up for it.

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:18 AM »
I thought I heard Paul say that he lost his .50 caliber hole punch on the range. If someone found it would you please send it to Paul before the next York.  ;D
Mark
Mark

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 04:18:31 AM »
I just got home about half hour ago from the York shoot three of my shooting buddies came down from Michigan with me and my son from North Carolina came over . We got a bit wet in the tent Friday night and some during the first group to shoot. My son left around twothrity so he wasn't there for the prizes . Paul won first place and one of the prizes is a custom barrel from Ed Rayel 52 1/2 X1 !/4 X .48 cal . Paul donated it back to the shooter who placed 100 th. and it happened to be my son. What a wounderful thing Paul did he made my son very happy and now I have the pleasure of making him a halfstock lefthand flinter to be used next year at the York Shoot . What a wounderful group of people to be around. The folks who put this shoot on deserve a big thank you for doing this .This was the 20 th. year of putting this on.

Offline Dave R

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »
Yes an excellent OLM however it seemed a little over 60 yds? What do you shooters think?

I noticed that my cant block slid on my chunk when dry however they would stick when it was raining! Possibly the chunk should have a very slick finish so it would not stick in the rain? Comments would be appreciated!

Dave R

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
Yes an excellent OLM however it seemed a little over 60 yds? What do you shooters think?

I noticed that my cant block slid on my chunk when dry however they would stick when it was raining! Possibly the chunk should have a very slick finish so it would not stick in the rain? Comments would be appreciated!

Dave R
I use my 'lucky' brown rag (old towel section) tween the chunk and the can't block so she doesn't slide or slip sideways. Don't want that to happen either. A piece of non skid stickum stuck on bottom of can't block cant hurt either.

Offline okieboy

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 12:14:28 AM »
 The local newspaper has posted about 150 photos of this years York at fentresscouriernews.com, go to photos. 

How does one post a URL so that it links?
Okieboy

Offline Kermit

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 01:25:09 AM »
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 02:15:58 AM »
I guess these pictures were done by the local newspaper......fantastic.   Saw pictures of a lot of old friends, and many new
faces.    It's been five years since I was there last, sure do miss it.   Might have to go down next year just to visit.  I know
the guy in the wheelchair, takes a lot of fortitude to do it that way.  For some reason, everyone looks older...........Don

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 04:12:51 AM »
Don,
We aren't getting older, just a little more MATURE. At least until the bottles get passed around.
Mark
Mark

ERH

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 09:28:01 PM »
thanks for that link there r some nice pic on there. Nobody has any scores yet not even top 25 or so  :( :( :(