Author Topic: Relocated  (Read 3140 times)

Offline mountainman

Relocated
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »
I don't know if I am on the right forum or not, but I just recently moved to Somerset Co. located just north of Berlin, Pa. about 3 miles; My question is, I'm wondering if there is any other gunbuilders, or gunsmiths here in this local area, or how far away is the closest one?

Offline Jerry V Lape

Re: Relocated
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:46:15 PM »
You are in a great place for builders and shooters.  Several really great builders aren't far away, you can meet more at the Bushy Run shows and at Old Bedford; and the Westmoreland Rifles club is nearby too.  Tiger Hunt stock supplier is just north of Johnstown up route 219.

Offline James Wilson Everett

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »
I live in New Stanton, Griz lives near you.  Plan to come to Somerset Mountain Craft Days, the Fri, Sat, Sun after Labor Day at the Somerset Historical Center.  Maybe you can help me gun building there.  Roy Philips, a great guy and a 18th c tinsmith lives near you.

Jim

Offline mountainman

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:20:26 AM »
Hey Thanks, I definitely will plan on being at the Somerset Historical Days; Somerset is only 10 miles from here. Sure wouldn't mind finding out more about Griz

Offline James Wilson Everett

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:19:12 AM »
Mountainman,
Griz is a very talented hornsmith, a friendly guy, and what is rare, he is humble.  Griz always sets up his display of horns at the Mountain Craft Days.  Let me know if you would like to participate in the MCD, I could use the help at the gunsmith shop.  Call Mark Ware at the Somerset Historical Society if interested.

Jim