Author Topic: Martin and Wheland on the blog  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Martin and Wheland on the blog
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
This is a good day to check out the blog.  Allen Martin  has a Herman Rupp that is marvelous piece.  Farther down is a Rupp pistol done by Mark Wheland.  Owning something by these guys is on my bucket list.  Neat stuff!
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline smshea

• www.scottshearifles.com
Re: Martin and Wheland on the blog
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:44:22 PM »
Both guns are Awesome!!!!! Beautiful work indeed!!!

Offline Ben I. Voss

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »
One might even say "master----full"!!

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »
Yes sir, wonderful work!  I love both of the guns.

Jim

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »
Beautiful!!! Both of them. They look like they should be together.
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:00:31 PM »
After our resent discussions of the past few days on critiquing contemporary rifles, many could study these and learn much. These the way ALR's are supposed to look.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
Allen's rifle on the blogspot - red hot!!  This rifle has charm and warmth oozing out of it.  And with that comb line, it'll be a great shooter, even in .54 cal.

Superlative work, Allen.

I posted a thread a few minutes ago on Allen's rifle, then saw Pletch opened one already, so I deleted mine.  You guys being three hours ahead get the first jump, dang ya.

Mark, your pistol is a perfect companion piece for that rifle.  You'd think you guys shared notes or something.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline James

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »
Personally, I am a fan of Mark's work and really like that he understands the original rifles enough to extrapolate what a pistol by Rupp would look like and then execute such a wonderful piece. I've not met Allen Martin, but see his work here and on the blog and it pulls me as much as Mark's to SEE what the originals can show us. As far as masterpiece work, here we have legitimate examples. Two cents from the peanut gallery I know, but my aesthetic eyes don't lie to me.  Thanks to both men for showing me what can be done.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »
Ahhh, I'm at peace. The Contemporary makers blog spot shows today, that they are indeed together! :)
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln