Author Topic: Easter eggs  (Read 2826 times)

Ahtuwisae

Easter eggs
« on: April 06, 2012, 04:29:26 AM »
Not sure where to put this but had to share.  Mods..if it goes somewhere else please edit the post.

So my daughter comes down to the shop and says:  "Daddy..you're pretty good with the lathe..can you make easter egg on it?"  A piece of curly maple and a piece of burl walnut later..and here they are...bon-i-fide, straight from the 18th century easter eggs!!  Enjoy

Curly maple

Burl walnut...of course with a horner's touch added. (the base on this one was as it came out of the lathe...my daughter wanted to leave it on.)

Offline horseman

Re: Easter eggs
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 04:53:58 AM »
VERY nice. 

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »
 Nice work. Now that you've got Easter covered a you can start on Christmas ornaments. Trust me (BTDT) if you start now you may be done by then :)

Tim C.

Ahtuwisae

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »
Nice work. Now that you've got Easter covered a you can start on Christmas ornaments. Trust me (BTDT) if you start now you may be done by then :)

Tim C.

Do not think I am going there yet Tim.  In receipt of Sibley and Art's books, plus orders to fill.  Ornaments will have to wait until 2013.

omark

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:08:44 PM »
cant wait that long. the worlds gonna end in 12.    or is that the idea?? ;D   mark

Offline George Sutton

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 03:25:15 AM »
Cool!

Centershot