Author Topic: diamond back powder  (Read 3786 times)

ERH

diamond back powder
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:06:22 AM »
any body know anything about diamond back powder other then it is cheaper then the others

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: diamond back powder
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 01:11:18 AM »
Couple or three years ago one shooter had a pound and shot it offhand at 25 yards only (no time to do more seems like) Poured in the hand it looked shiney more so than the Goex It did push the ball thru the paper at 25 yds other than that is all I can report on it.

It did have a weird plastic spout of some sort.  I tried to rip the can away from him; but he proved stronger than I. ::)

Offline Maven

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 01:25:43 AM »
Eric, I bought a case of DB FFg & FFFg from Jon Blackert (www.addictedtoblackpowder.com) last year and am quite pleased with its performance.  (I don't like the plastic spout either.)  Prior to that I used Goex and Graf's (Wano) and have found DB to be at least as good as those brands, maybe better.  However, I've not chorongraphed any of them, so I can't give you mean velocities, standard deviations, and extreme spreads.  Accuracy is unchanged though and the bbl's. foul about the same as with Goex and Graf's, and, of course, the price was right.
Paul W. Brasky

William Worth

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 03:06:38 AM »
I got some 2F DB.  I actually like the can.  It pours well into a measure with the little extended spout. 

I think it burns a little dirtier and is not as consistent as Schutzen, certainly not as energetic or consistent as Swiss.

But it is cheaper and the can looks cool.   :P

I'm not the sort of person that has to have "the best" at ALL times...

Offline LH

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
I got ahold of a can about a year ago and my limited test showed power level close to Goex but alot dirtier.  I passed the can on to another shooter who had the same results. 

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 06:00:30 PM »
any body know anything about diamond back powder other then it is cheaper then the others

Like in almost everything cheaper is never better this is REALLY true in buying BP.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »
I look at it as "shooting a little bit at $15 to $28 a pound or shooting a lot at $10".
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

ERH

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »
I don't know. when i started shooting schuetzen it was only about 8 or 9 dollars a can and nobody shot it around here . i really like it and now its 15 dollars a pound and a lot of people shoot it. cheap don't always mean bad .. I wish I would have bought more at 9.00 a pound
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:52:09 AM by ERH »

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »
I remember buying Dupont at $1 a pound!  Those were the days.....
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Harnic

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
I remember buying Dupont at $1 a pound!  Those were the days.....

Man, you must be OLD!!! ;)