Author Topic: CLA sponsored "War of 1812 Live Auction"  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
CLA sponsored "War of 1812 Live Auction"
« on: April 28, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
The following quote:
The 2012 Contemporary Longrifle Association’s live auction promises to be one of the best! Commemorating the 200 year anniversary of the War of 1812, each of the nearly two dozen auction items will relate to the events of that war and its direct participants. From Tecumseh to Andrew Jackson, from frontier forts like Fort Meigs to Native American villages caught up in the fray, each and every item will have a story to tell about our nation and its “Path To Freedom”.

begins a series of entries promoting the CLA's "War of 1812 Live Auction".  You should encounter information about this event a number of places.  I'm honored to be able to assist in this promotion.  So far, there are three articles on my web site:  Frank Barker's 1812 Cartridge Box, Glen Mock's midshipman's  dirk, and Harris Maupin's  "Old Hickory Salt Horn" with Andy Jackson's likeness.  

Numerous more items will be covered.  In fact I have at least four more to do to catch up.  I thank Tim Albert and David Wright for the chance to help with this.  The auction at CLA this year is something you don't want to miss!

The following link will take you to the CLA "Table of Contents" on my home page:

http://www.blackpowdermag.com/cla-articles/index.php

Regards,
Larry Pletcher
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:59:00 PM by Pletch »
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Re: CLA sponsored "War of 1812 Live Auction"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »

Good Morning,
The series of articles covering the CLA Live Auction on my web site is now up to date.  So far the following have been uploaded:   

Jack Hubbard's "Battle of Horseshoe Bend" Powder Horn
A Tansel Powder Horn and Pouch Set by T.C. Albert and Tim Crosby
A War of 1812 Militiamans Cartridge Box by Frank Barker
A War of 1812 Midshipman’s Dirk by Glen Mock
Old Hickory Salt Horn by Harris Maupin
"To General Jackson" Pouch by Michael Agee
The 18th Century Campaign Horn by Scott and Cathy Sibley
Larry Spisak and the Tecumseh Gun Project
The 2012 Contemporary Longrifle Association’s Live Auction (intro)

More articles will follow as the auction gets nearer.  Thanks, Tim, for letting me be a part of this.

CLA table of contents: http://www.blackpowdermag.com/cla-articles/index.php

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.