Author Topic: Old Holston Rifle - Sources?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Elnathan

Old Holston Rifle - Sources?
« on: May 24, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
I am interested in trying to find some pictures and info about the "Old Holston Rifle." I know Wallace Gusler wrote a couple articles on it in Muzzleblasts. I know that one of these articles was in the March 2004 issue. I also keep seeing the September 2003 mentioned as a source; however, looking at Gary Brumfield's handy list of Wallace's articles, the title for that article is "Inventory of Robert Milburn, Frederick County, Virginia," which does not sound promising. Can someone confirm that the September 2003 article has the Old Holston Rifle contained therein?
Also, any other ideas for sources?

Thanks,
Elnathan
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
Re: Old Holston Rifle - Sources?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »
Pictures and measurements of the early iron mounted rifle are included in the September 2003 article. The subject of the article is not so much that one rifle but the whole concept of why iron mounts were popular in some regions and not others.
Gary
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline Elnathan

Re: Old Holston Rifle - Sources?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 02:05:39 AM »
Thanks, Gary.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling