Author Topic: NMLRA 2012 Monthly Postal Matches (May - October)  (Read 2088 times)

Candle Snuffer

NMLRA 2012 Monthly Postal Matches (May - October)
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
Just wondered how many ALR / NMLRA members take part in this?  I have off and on over the years and plan to try and be more faithful at actually completing all the monthly matches this year.  Don't know if I'll enter the NMLRA National Postal Match as yet, but I'm thinking about it. 

I've always liked the idea behind these monthly postal matches as the modest monthly fee goes towards the NMLRA Youth Program.  This is one "match" I don't really mind how good or bad of score I turn in as I know it's the youth program that is important and thats makes us all winners in my book. :) 

mjm46@bellsouth.net

Re: NMLRA 2012 Monthly Postal Matches (May - October)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »
Never have, but it's always been on my to do list.

Old Salt

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »
I have in the past.  I don't know if I ever completed every month of the competition. 

I signed up for the national postal shoot a few times but only turned in targets once.

I do enjoy practising with the monthly NMLRA postal target though.  If I can keep 5 shots in the black I feel like I'm having a good day. 

You used to be able to download a pdf of the monthly target off the website.  Make a few copies and have some fun.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:34:46 AM »
I've signed up at least 5 times for the National Postal Match over the last 10 years I would guess.  Sad to say I've only completed two that I signed up for.  It seems like when I'm going to have a window of opportunity to go shooting the weather isn't cooperating much with me, and/or I have other commitments.  So this year I'd at least like to try and complete all six monthly postal matches.  This would be a personal best for me if I do. :)