Author Topic: Upper Susquehanna Gunmakers.......An appeal !!!!  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
Upper Susquehanna Gunmakers.......An appeal !!!!
« on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »
Appeal to all Collectors:
Upper Susquehanna Gunmakers
Several of us (ALR and KRA members) are collaborating on a new internet –based venture.... a  "Virtual" book of Upper Susquehanna Gunmakers. Once completed    ( soon with your help)it will be free to all and available on the ALR. We are developing a volume containing approximately 140 names ( and biographies  when available )and pictures of guns of these gunsmiths. This effort will be unique and most importantly fill a missing piece of Kentucky Rifle history as none such exists in print for the Upper Susquehanna School. Also it will be updatable as more guns and history becomes available. To make the book as complete as possible, I am requesting all members who own Upper Susquehanna longrifles to please forward to me ( Fred Garner…”Hurricane” at fgarner@verizon.net) any information and pictures of your guns/guns and spread the word to others. We would appreciate pictures of the whole gun, both sides, barrel signature if present, and any details of interest. The pictures will be added without comment and the ownership will remain anonymous. The first viewing will be soon. Please help!
Thank you
Hurricane

fgarner@verizon.net

703-451-2815

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:16:35 PM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: Upper Susquehanna Gunmakers.......An appeal !!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:32:08 AM »
What kind of file format (.jpg I assume) and more importantly, file size per picture, are you looking for?
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 06:21:48 AM »
Eric, I don't have a working knowledge of the subject, but Nord wrote about the best format in the intro to the ALR Virtual library.  Yes. ".jpeg" is fine and. 800 x 600 when possible.  Though preferred ,  we will try
to work with or edit/rework anything anyone can provide.
Thanks
hurricane
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:32:49 AM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
Hurricane. I think it's 700 x ht. Unless things have changed, anything over that gets reformated and impalations ruin the picture.