Author Topic: E Bolton Fowler  (Read 3477 times)

jlynn

E Bolton Fowler
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:21:11 AM »
Could someone please be so kind as to tell me about an E Bolton fowler?  I was reading yesterday and it was mentioned as having a butt profile  that was transitional between a  fishtail and the later, more modern, style. Was it Colonial, American made or English>  A photo of the butt would be much appreciated. Thank You  JWL

Offline Dan'l 1946

Re: E Bolton Fowler
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 02:09:41 AM »
  Bolton was a Massachusetts gunmaker around 1650 or so. The butt configuration is a variation on a paddle butt.
 Google Bolton fowler and you may find some photos. Try the Snowshoemen's web site too.
                                                    Dan

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 06:45:03 PM »
Those Dachshunds are beautiful.They come in more than two sizes. These two you are holding are full size,ours is called a "tweenie" which is between your two and a real miniature, We have a neighbor that has two real miniatures and they are little and are full grown and another one,a speckled or dappled Dachshund that belongs to a young lady about 100 yards from us and it too,is small and about 7 years old.

Bob Roller

jlynn

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 04:16:27 AM »
Nothing found in search.  I do not own any dogs-I will keep looking on my own      Thanks anyway

Offline Eric Laird

Eric Laird

jlynn

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 05:29:29 AM »
Thank you for your help.  I do not know much about computer use.  Simple search is clearly not as encompassing as google. Never used google but will now. Again-thanks

Offline Dan'l 1946

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »
  Leonard Day builds a Bolton Fowler as well as other 17th century firearms.
                                                                       Dan