Author Topic: California Flintlock pros?  (Read 2097 times)

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
California Flintlock pros?
« on: July 10, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »
Howdy, I am in need of a gunbuilder that can work out some small issues with my Lehigh long rifle. Namely, I need some delicate fine tuning of the lock mortice area. I am looking for a skilled builder in California that can spend an hour or two with my gun. This little issue has stumped a few gunsmiths already, so someone that "knows his stuff" would be preferred.

thanks

Ken
Galations 2:20

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: California Flintlock pros?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »
I am looking for a skilled builder in California that can spend an hour or two with my gun.

When talking with your prospective repairman, if you tell him the job will only take an hour or two, he might get nervous and decline the job right away.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:02 PM »
OH! I am certainly not meaning to limit or scare anyone off... I do not believe this is a difficult problem, just one that is going to take some care and skill. I am open to whatever it takes....  I just need someone that is skilled and isn't going to dig me into a deeper hole than I am already in. I am also willing to pay for the work. I hope that clears up any concerns.

thanks

K
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:35:15 PM by Ken Prather »

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
pm me and I will be glad to discuss the particulars/email pics etc... before any work is agreed to.

K