Author Topic: Guns for the soldiers  (Read 2337 times)

billd

Guns for the soldiers
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:53:19 AM »
I will be at Dixon's all three days at Knob Mountain Muzzleloading's tables.  I will have the two guns I built for the wounded warriors with parts mostly donated by the great members of this site. I will also have three bags and two horns that were donated.  I hope we have room to display everything, but until I get there we won't know for sure.  The horns and bags were donated by Larry Luck, James Rogers, Corey Joe Stewart and Tim Sanner.  All are beautiful, please ask to see them if they are not displayed.

Our flintlock hunt in January is the most popular of about a dozen events we hold. I just heard yesterday we already have four soldiers signed up.  All are coming from a base in South Georgia, the name of the base escapes me now, but it's not Fort Benning.  The last two years we had several Army Rangers from Fort Benning.

I will also have some printed info about our organization, Hunts For Healing. If anyone knows a wounded soldier who could benefit from our programs please ask. We have family events in the summer, camping, rafting and biking.  Two fishing trips and several hunts, deer, goose, turkey, ringneck and coyote.

Please stop by and say Hello,  I have pictures of last years hunt and a few neat hats for sale.
Bill
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:54:01 AM by Bill D »

Offline Eric Smith

Re: Guns for the soldiers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »
That might be Fort Stewart or Fort Gordon.
Eric Smith

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
 My hat is off to you Bill and the others.

Tim C.

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:16:13 AM »
I wish I could be there to see your and the others'. work.  I'm certain the soldiers will be most appreciative of your collective efforts!

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing