Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Bill Ebner

• Starting Member
New Guy
« on: August 10, 2012, 10:53:55 PM »
 I've been reading this forum and learning a lot and am finally joining. I built a couple of rifles while in college and since then, I have been building 18th Century furniture reproductions, with a keen interest in Philadelphia and Delaware Valley furniture.  I'm slowly getting back into building flintlocks and started with a English trade gun, to get the rust off my gun building.  And now, I have just finished a 1730 pattern Bess.

I'm wondering if there are examples of Philadelphia gun making prior to the Revolution? I have Grinslade's book on Fowlers, but the 4 pictured are from the later part of the century. Are there any fusils or fowlers attributed to that area and dating to the French and Indian war, or Revolution?  I'm assuming that a cosmopolitan city like Philadelphia would have had competent men building guns.

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »
Welcome, Bill! I am always interested in who made what, where.

Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Topknot

• www.yahoo.com
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 01:42:49 AM »
WELCOME TO ALR, BILL
These are the most knowledgable guys you will ever find about building long rifles.

AGAIN WELCOME,

topknot
TIM COMPTON, SR.

layover to catch meddlers!

Offline Long Ears

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:07:37 AM »
Welcome Bill, this is a really informative Forum. These guys are free with their information and very helpful. Enjoy, Bob

Offline James Wilson Everett

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:18:01 PM »
Bill,

You are very welcome!  Give me a call if I can be of any help.

Jim

Offline Eric Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 01:50:57 PM »
Welcome! Nice to see new members on the forum!  ;D
Eric Smith