Author Topic: Tim Sanner horn on blog  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Tim Sanner horn on blog
« on: August 11, 2012, 05:03:23 AM »
Tim Sanner has an incredible horn on the blog!!!
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline The Original Griz

Re: Tim Sanner horn on blog
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
incredible horn
Pletch

well, gee, Thank you very much. Thems some pretty high praises for a backward hillbilly like me, I really do appreciate that.
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson
www.timsannerpowderhorns.com

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »
 Tim, It is really well done, the design is well thought out.

Tim C.

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 05:54:55 PM »
I have worked very hard to understand correct architecture and schools in horns(as I'm sure many others have) and  I tend to stop when the horn is finished. I tend not to go the next step to make a unique contemporary horn. I'm very impressed with the results Tim got with the addition of the pierced band at the base of the butt. It's always a joy to see a creative contemporary piece based on a traditional style. I think sometimes that my searh for H.C./P.C. dampens my creative urges.  Bravo Tim!!

Steve
Steve Skillman

Offline T.C.Albert

• Global Moderator
    • the hunting pouch
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »
Its beautiful! And it really continues the legacy, evolution and development of the powder horn by taking the traditional art form to the next level. Its a contemporary classic in my opinion, and made by a true artist.
tca
"...where would you look up another word for thesaurus..."
Contact at : huntingpouch@gmail.com

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »
Griz,
I should have asked earlier, Will the horn be at CLA next week?  THat one I'd like to see up close.
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »
Griz,
I should have asked earlier, Will the horn be at CLA next week?  THat one I'd like to see up close.
Regards,
Pletch

No, I just don't have the funds to go. I want to get there some year, but I just can't swing it right now. Maintenance Director sounds like a fancy job, but the pays proves its not :(
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson

Horner75

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 05:05:11 PM »
Tim, Jumping in here a little late, but I truly want to compliment you on this fine powder horn addition!  It really highlights a true craftsmans skills!

Rick

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
Thank you Rick, I appreciate your kind words....I feel the same way about your fine work.
Thomas Jefferson