Author Topic: english flints -vs-misouri flints  (Read 16933 times)

Harnic

Re: english flints -vs-misouri flints
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 09:41:54 PM »
I have been using Rich's flints for over a year and I find them certainly equal to if not superior to the black English flints and the French brown flints.  Different rifles will "like" different loading components.  My rifle likes Rich's flints so I do too.

Best Regards,

John Cholin

My experience has been very much the same as yours John.  Rich chips a fine flint.  My L&R lock really likes them.

lew wetzel

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 09:29:55 AM »
going out to shoot this weekend and will take some of rich,s flints and the english flints and put them both to the test again...i have two dozen of rich,s and only 3 of the english,so we will see what happens...

Daryl

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 07:35:10 PM »
As to lasting, botht he English and Riches see about the same. I've had both shatter first shot - no big deal, put in a another, they're cheap. I've also had both run over 100 shots. I shoot an L&R Dickert. Both work well, Riches flints produce better sparks.

northmn

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
Ordered some from Rich after reading all the good things.  Don't get time to shoot much now or make time.  Put them in two locks a L&R Hawken and a old Dixie Ashmore.  Both sparked very well and look like they should work fine.  Like Daryl said the price is right.  They were better dimensioned than the typical English flints in that they fit in the lock better with out the unusual shapes I have gotten from English stype flints. 

DP