Author Topic: Early CVA Hawken  (Read 4922 times)

voyageur1688

Early CVA Hawken
« on: December 20, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »
 I have a CVA Hawken and the serial # on it is below 800. Can anyone tell me about when this one would have been made? will replacement parts from the newer ones fit? Is the lower serial # a factor in its value?
  Thanks.
 Todd

chapmans

Re: Early CVA Hawken
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 12:46:53 AM »
It would help if you could post a photo!
   Steve C.

voyageur1688

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 02:18:26 AM »
 I dont have a digital camers or the internet at home. I am using my sisters computer, so will have to have her do that for me. The stock on this early Hawken, is more like the ones on an old traditions Hawken, and I have seen 1 other one with the same style stock, and it was an early CVA as well. That ones # was closer to 2000 if memory serves me right.
 Wil try to get some pics posted though.
 Thanks.
 Todd

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 02:25:20 AM »
I have a CVA Hawken and the serial # on it is below 800. Can anyone tell me about when this one would have been made?

As I recall, early CVA's didn't have serial numbers on them.  At some point, the FedGuv started requiring them for import purposes as well as the Black Powder Only warning.  Later CVA's are stamped with the year of manufacture, a space, then a serial number.  Even later ones have this info laser-etched into the barrel.

will replacement parts from the newer ones fit?

Some will, some won't.....depends on the part.

>Is the lower serial # a factor in its value?

No, they are an inexpensive gun in the same category as a cheap shotgun or rifle.  It would cost you more to replace a barrel or lock than the gun is worth.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson