Author Topic: PA Rifles @ PA Auction  (Read 4497 times)

GrampaJack

Re: PA Rifles @ PA Auction
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58:29 AM »
Wow, neat stuff. Thanks for the link, Jack

Offline Avlrc

• Hampshire County Long Rifles
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 01:10:53 AM »
GrandpaJack you are welcome. Which one are you going to bid on? Real nice collection...

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:55:50 AM »
The first gun shown, attributed to Joe Long, is not a Joe Long.  Not 100% sure who built it, but am quite sure it is not a
Joe Long...............Don

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »
I bought the first gun shown, attributed to Joe Long.    Not a Joe Long, am almost certain it is a Samuel Morrison.  It had
more restoration than is shown.   The whole forend from the entry pipe forward was replaced.   The work was well done
but the wood is very plain, no stripe in it.  The finish is also very blotchy, needs work.   But, overall, a good buy....Don

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »
Hey way to go, Don! That looked like a pretty decent rifle whether it was a Long or not. Glad to hear it went to a good home!
Now you can post some pics for all us to see!
John
John Robbins

Offline rf50cal

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
Don,                                                                                                                        Do you happen to know how much the Samuel Shuler rifle brought at that sale?
Roger Fleisher

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »
Roger...I checked my list but don't have anything written at the Shuler rifles, there were two of them.  I don't know what
they sold for.   I guess I wasn't thinking, I should have watched them go, and, if sold reasonably, I could have bought
them and held my own sale in Newpot.   Those Perry county guys will pay almost anythiing for a Shuler..........Do