Author Topic: Langhorne Muzzleloaders' Shoot a Big Success  (Read 2387 times)

xring2245

Langhorne Muzzleloaders' Shoot a Big Success
« on: October 22, 2012, 03:06:47 AM »
I shot at Langhorne (Bucks County, PA) today after church.  I was able to get in 2 1/2 hours of fun shooting and took one second place prize - a pound of Swiss powder.

When I arrived at 1:30 the shoot had been going for 4 1/2 hours.  I was shooter number 28 and a few more came in after me.  Fortunately, I was able to find a spot at the loading bench.  I walked the line and saw Roger Fisher and the crew from First Frontier Militia.  Many of the shooters from Brandywine Muzzleloaders were there as well.  I saw Mike Amico from the Central Jersey club as well as Sandy Worthington of the 56th PA Vol. Inf., an N-SSA unit that I shoot with.

This is a blackpowder shoot, so there are events for muzzleloaders, Civil War breechloaders, BP cartridge guns, and pistols.  Events are offhand, kneeling, over the log, bench, and make-believe treestand.

My hat is off to Mike and Pat Jarnutowski and their crew for running this match.

Their next shoot is Sunday, 18 November 2012.

James Grimes
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:58:41 PM by xring2245 »

xring2245

Re: Langhorne Muzzleloaders' Shoot a Big Success
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 04:33:59 AM »
No comments Roger?  You had a successful shoot, loaded down with prizes as you were.

James

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: Langhorne Muzzleloaders' Shoot a Big Success
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 02:01:24 AM »
No comments Roger?  You had a successful shoot, loaded down with prizes as you were.

James
Well Jim you about said it all!   Oh yeah he also had an X stix match.    I'm wearing him down til he throws in a plank match.  (Maybe over where they are digging for a 75 yd range...

Conditions were great except the shootin in to the bright sun.  Of course it could have been r a i n i n g  ::)