Author Topic: new jersey  (Read 4557 times)

Offline duca

new jersey
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:43:25 PM »
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows of any Black powder shoots here in New Jersey? thanks... ???
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...

Tommykid

Re: new jersey
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:33:53 PM »
The Garden State Black Powder Association has regular shoots in Vernon, I believe. There are also shoots at the Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club. I'm sure there are others, but this is a start. Check out Muzzle Blasts for NJ contacts, too.
Tom

Offline duca

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »
Thanks Tom. I used to belong to the NJ Muzzleloaders but it broke up quit a few years ago.
...and on the eighth day

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:03:27 PM »
Thanks Tom. I used to belong to the NJ Muzzleloaders but it broke up quit a few years ago.
Let suggest Langehorne R & G they/we shoot there this coming sunday...various m,atches and good prizes..Then branch out in to e Pennsylvania shoots...

xring2245

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 06:59:45 PM »
I am a NJ shooter, but I do all my muzzleloading in Pennsylvania.  Sorry to say, there are just more opportunities across the river and all the matches I attend are very well organized.

Mike at Langhorne runs a great match, so if you are free this Sunday, come on out.

James

Offline duca

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »
Thanks guys, this is good to know! James don't know if I can make it this Sunday, but you can bet I'll be there soon.. Thanks..........Anthony
...and on the eighth day

xring2245

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 06:45:28 PM »
Thanks guys, this is good to know! James don't know if I can make it this Sunday, but you can bet I'll be there soon.. Thanks..........Anthony

Anthony, plan on second Sunday in December at First Frontier Militia.  East ride from NJ - Route 22 west into PA, then north on PA 248 to Club Road.  Club is on the right 1/2  mile up.  This will be a blanket shoot, so bring a $10.00 item to be put up as a prize.

James

Offline Long John

• Give me Liberty or give me Death
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 02:21:54 AM »
The Garden State Black Powder Assn has about 50 members and runs shoots the last Sunday of the month up on a farm in Venron NJ.  It also runs a rendezvous in early October up in the same area.  It is a purely traditional club - don't bring an in-line.

If you want info send me a PM.  I am on the shoot committee for the club and I can set you up with directions, schedule etc.

Best Regards,

John Cholin

xring2245

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 02:29:02 AM »
John, is this the same group as the Garden State Reenactors headed up by Earl Becker?

Please post details here for those who are close by and may want to attend one of your shoots.

James

Offline Long John

• Give me Liberty or give me Death
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 02:45:51 AM »
James,

Some of the GSR folks are members.  Earl is.  The GSR did not have a shooting focus.  Then a bunch of shooters joined who liked to shoot, hunt and misbehave; and we broadened the focus of the club to include rendezvous, reenacting, historical trekking, shooting and hunting. 

There are a lot of good people in the club and it has a very active program.

Best Regards,

John Cholin