Author Topic: please help  (Read 7244 times)

raszpla

please help
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »
please help :

Online Bob Roller

Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:56:43 PM »
Raszpla,
We have several of these relics in the Huntington Museum of Art.If you
want me to,I will take a look and see what is there. They are only about a 15 minute drive
and it is no problem for me to do this.

Bob Roller

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »
No, I don't have any pictures.   An unreal piece of art.   I don't think I have ever seen this gun before, and I feel that I have finally found one that cannot be done in a "barn" gun version.    I have seen many superbly carved Jagers but this
one goes beyond onything I have seen before........Don

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:07:27 PM »
Don,
These guns were a form of extreme art that could be used to hunt with on the castle grounds.
I have read that these locks would take every bit of a first class teachers wages for a bit over a
year.Our Art Museum has a matchlock or two that are tricked out in similar fashion.

Bob Roller

raszpla

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
 object is in the Metropolitan Museum

Offline PPatch

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »
raszpla;

Here is a link that might aid you in finding images on the internet - it is a service called "tineye" and is a reverse image search engine. I copied the photograph you posted to ALR of the rifle and tineye came up with no matches. That may be because of the text you placed in the picture. So, try it with the original picture, without the text, at this link:

http://tineye.com/

Good luck.

Dave
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »
The woman's belly button has an ivory dowel which protrudes, and it is the release for the patchbox cover. I will see if I have any more photos of this.

Razspla, I have this concept, which I would like to propose to the Metropolitan Museum. You know, every so often, they put on shows of contemporary art, and traveling shows of many areas of interest. What I would like to propose is a show that has contemporary guns that are based on guns from their collection. If you make a wheel lock like that one, it would fit right in with that concept. Taylor has a Jacob Kuntz that would fit right in with this idea.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:01:11 PM by Acer Saccharum »
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 05:27:19 PM »
Terrific Idea Tom... Then we want them to send the display down to the High Museum in Atlanta for a Month or so.... ;D ;D
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

raszpla

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:12:37 PM »
I'm angry at myself because few understand English, for this reason, I can not easily carry on discussions but I can see the work of other artists  - craftsmen.

Jacob Kuntz - This is Poetry Craft ... I am moved deeply when I see the work of the artist subtly shelled sensitivity . Jacob Kuntz - This is Poetry Craft!

here on the forum, there are many colleagues who appreciate the beautiful craftsmanship and beauty are trying to revive crafts. I very much appreciate your company - companionship.

regret that I can not talk freely, and that few understand

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »
Raz, you do very well. Keep up the good work. Poetry in wood and metal!
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

raszpla

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
as I can not get these photographs, it will build the rifle:

http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/images61_max/07575.jpg

http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/images61_max/07575_b.jpg

http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/images61_max/07575_c.jpg

http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/images61_max/07575_d.jpg

description of the auction:
Radschlossbüchse,
deutsch um 1670. Achtkantiger im Mündungsbereich leicht gestauchter, gezogener Lauf im Kaliber 12,5 mm. Geschnittenes und graviertes Radschloss mit innen liegendem Rad, Stecherabzug. Reich beschnitzter Vollschaft mit jagdlich figürlichem Dekor, Kolbenfach. Auf der Backe vakantes Perlmuttmedaillon und auf dem Kolbenrücken Beineinlage bezeichnet "Hersan". Eiserner Abzugsbügel und sparsame Beineinlagen. Unterhalb des Schlosses alte Sammlungsmarke und Ziffer "IV". Hölzerner Ladestock mit Beindopper. Lauf, Radschloss und Schaft nicht zusammengehörig. Lauf an der Mündung etwas gekürzt(?), Visierung ergänzt, Ausfütterung der Laufmarke fehlt. Hauptfeder des Radschlosses angebrochen. Vorderschaft ergänzt, Schiebedeckel des Kolbenfachs sowie Perlutt- und Beineinlage des Kolbens ergänzt ebenso wie Abzug und Abzugsbügel. Schaft stellenweise mit Reparaturen und kleineren Rissen. Schrauben zum Teil erneuert. Länge 113 cm.
Vgl. Galerie Fischer, Luzern, Auktion 11. bis 13. September 2008. Dort Zuschreibung des Schaftes aufgrund stilistischer Merkmale an die Werkstatt des Johann Michael Maucher (1645 bis 1701) aus Schwäbisch Gmünd.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 02:36:23 AM »
I'm angry at myself because few understand English, for this reason, I can not easily carry on discussions but I can see the work of other artists  - craftsmen.

Jacob Kuntz - This is Poetry Craft ... I am moved deeply when I see the work of the artist subtly shelled sensitivity . Jacob Kuntz - This is Poetry Craft!

here on the forum, there are many colleagues who appreciate the beautiful craftsmanship and beauty are trying to revive crafts. I very much appreciate your company - companionship.

regret that I can not talk freely, and that few understand

Raszpla,
You do great work and we appreciate you being a friend to all of us here at ALR.
Thanks for what you do.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Larry Luck

• Administrator
  • Larry Luck
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 02:51:10 AM »
raszpla,

Have you considered contacting the Met and asking for additional photos and information about the piece?  I have found museum curators helpful to people who appreciate the subject matter that is being researched.

Here is a link:  http://www.metmuseum.org/en/research/image-resources#scholarly

Also, the Polish Consulate in New York might be able to help, particularly with language issues:

http://www.polishconsulateny.org/

Beautiful work.

Larry Luck

raszpla

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 11:09:27 AM »
 colleague from the U.S. found these pictures:
 http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/search-the-collections/40001255?img=7
thanks all

:)

raszpla

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »

Offline davebozell

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »
Thank you for all of your contributions to this site.  I understand your frustration with English and have been thinking about how I could help the situation.  You may already use Google Translate for your posts, but few of us do the same for you.  Since I don't know any Polish, I will have to rely on Google to do it for me.  If this works, maybe more of us could use it in our comments to you.  Please let me know if this makes it easier for you.  If it does, I can post some simple directions for using Google Translate.  It is really very easy. Thanks again for all your wonderful work and great photography. 

Dziękujemy za wszystkie swoje składki do tej strony. Rozumiem twoją frustrację z angielskim i zostały myśląc jak mogłabym pomóc sytuacji. Można już korzystać z Google Translate do swoich postach, ale niewielu z nas zrobić to samo dla Ciebie. Ponieważ nie znam żadnej polskiej, będę musiał polegać na Google, aby zrobić to za mnie. Jeśli to zadziała, może więcej z nas może go użyć w naszych komentarzach do Ciebie. Proszę dać mi znać, jeśli to sprawia, że ​​łatwiejsze. Jeśli tak, to mogę odpowiedzieć na kilka prostych kierunków za pomocą Google Translate. To jest naprawdę bardzo proste. Jeszcze raz dziękujemy za wspaniały wszystkich prac i fotografii świetnie.

raszpla

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 02:29:14 PM »
I use google translator, but I prefer the original text in English, when there is a problem with understanding the text, I use a different form of translation. the more I understand.

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »
Seriously the patchbox release dowel sticking out from the womans belly seems a bit oddly placed to me.

Might have worked more appropriate on a male carved figure ( not so serious ). 

Sorry, please carry on with the original discussion.

Offline KLMoors

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 11:21:09 PM »
LOL  ;D

Offline runastav

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 12:18:46 AM »
raszpla, have you made replika of this one?
Runar

raszpla

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 12:35:47 AM »
I would like to build such a wheellock rifle