Author Topic: Searching for a member rtadams in this group?  (Read 3179 times)

Dead Eye

Searching for a member rtadams in this group?
« on: November 09, 2012, 02:06:30 AM »
Hi All,
I am pretty new to this group and site so please bare with me if I don't do something right.

I came across a message on this site posted back in June 22, 2012. The man was discussing the barrel length of a Jaeger rifle. The man's name is rtadams. Does anyone know if this person is still on this group and if he is, how can I get in contact with him?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Searching for a member rtadams in this group?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 02:10:44 AM »
He is a member here and you can send him a pm via the message center.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Dead Eye

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 02:19:22 AM »
Thanks Dennis. Now all I have to do is figure out where the message center is. LOL It's $#*! to be old and dumb!!!!

Offline Jerry V Lape

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »
Go to the home page and scroll way down almost to the bottom and you will see it.

Dead Eye

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:38:41 AM »
Nope. couldn't find the center Dennis mentioned. But, at least he is still on this site.

This is to rtadams. In the post I mentioned about the Jaeger rifle, you mentioned that a friend of yours, a mister Mark Matteson worked on a barrel for you. Could you please tell me how old this man is and if he is located up in New York State? I have been looking for a master gunsmith by that name for years now and I am hoping this might be him. The guy I am looking for would be around 70 now and he had a couple of storys about him in Muzzle Blast magizine back in the early 70's.

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 03:41:53 AM »
Nope. couldn't find the center Dennis mentioned. But, at least he is still on this site
Look up in the top right hand corner of your screen. Just to the right of your username where it says "you have X messages, X are new" then click on "messages" and it should take you to the message center.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Dead Eye

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 06:03:50 PM »
Thanks so much Dennis. I heard from rtadams and we will see if the guy he knows is the right one.

Thanks again,

Deadeye