Author Topic: Getz Barrels  (Read 6929 times)

Offline bob in the woods

Getz Barrels
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:11:52 AM »
Would I be correct in assuming that these are no longer being produced?  I haven't seen any in a while.

Offline 490roundball

Re: Getz Barrels
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:24:06 AM »
John is still at - I think Don has commented a couple times that John is a one man show in the shop.

"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:26:54 AM »
No John is still making them.John was kind enough to let me watch for a day a couple of months ago while he worked in the shop,the grand tour if you will.It was great to watch the process from start to finish as John went from machine to machine!!!!PRETTY NEAT!!!!!

Mitch Yates

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 04:32:38 AM »
Thanks, I'm glad he's still making barrels. I used to buy from MBS, but they are no longer stocked.
I don't know of anyone who is stocking Getz barrels, so will have to order directly I guess.

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:39:49 AM »
John is usually in the shop between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sometimes earlier and sometimes later.  Give him a call at 570-658-7263.  If you leave a message, he will call you back.

I was there on Friday.  John has taken over barn gun building duties since Don is laid up.  They had one promised for Christmas.  It is going to be another nice barn gun.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:06:17 AM by Eric Fleisher »

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 11:31:28 PM »
Don is laid up?  Hope it's not serious.  Will pray for a quick and complete recovery.

For Christmas, my wife gave me a custom "Haga" swamped Getz barrel with the fancy micro rifling.  Well, maybe it's "multi" rifling.  Lots of furrows!  This is going to be special and I have to decide which rifle to build with it....
Andover, Vermont

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 11:40:13 PM »
Rich,

This is from a post by Don on December 13. 

"....I just got home this afternoon.....spent the past ten days in the Lewistown Hospital......was going to go hunting on December, instead, I spent the whole day throwing up.   Went to the Doctor...of course the kept me.  I had a blocked small intestine, so we had to have it repaired.   They did it orthoscopically, but it is still a major intrusion on your body.   To give you an idea of how bad I felt, about the fourth night as I lay there gasping for breath, I actually wished that God would just end it all, unless you have been there, you will know what I mean.   I am now home and hopefully on the mend, even tho it will be a long trip."

Don called me last week.  He is doing OK.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:41:37 PM by Eric Fleisher »

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 06:15:43 AM »
Ouch, that is terrible.  Get better, old man Getz!
Andover, Vermont

Offline Dave B

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 08:00:55 AM »
Don,
Get better fast and have a very merry Christmass from all of us. You are in our prayers.  Having those scopes in your insides is not much fun. They show you this small one the when your not looking they take out the big one........ Mooon Riverrr.
 ;D
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 05:53:22 PM »
Just so you know, Don is doing much better and is chomping at the bit to get back on ALR. The problem is he can not get to our website or forum from his computer. I called him Monday afternoon to try and help him with it but to no avail. He had a computer minded friend coming over yesterday that he was going to ask about the problem and hopefully fix it. Evidently that didn't work. He said he might have to get his computer repairman to fix the problem.

Don had been to the doctor and gotten a good report and he seemed to be doing very well.

Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »
Just so you know, Don is doing much better and is chomping at the bit to get back on ALR. The problem is he can not get to our website or forum from his computer. I called him Monday afternoon to try and help him with it but to no avail. He had a computer minded friend coming over yesterday that he was going to ask about the problem and hopefully fix it. Evidently that didn't work. He said he might have to get his computer repairman to fix the problem.

Don had been to the doctor and gotten a good report and he seemed to be doing very well.

Dennis

That good report is welcome news!!  We are all wishing the best for that tough ol goat!! :)

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 06:58:26 AM »
Best wishes to Don, hope he has a speedy recovery.
Kunk

California Kid

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 08:57:41 AM »
God bless Don you are a respected member of the Do little manufacturing Co.
You better get felling better or it will be very difficult to come up with new products, unless Chambers has
somthing in mind - Merry Christmas All!