Author Topic: Do You Like Chili? - Shoot Photos Included  (Read 6863 times)

xring2245

Do You Like Chili? - Shoot Photos Included
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
If so, come on out and shoot with the First Frontier Militia next week, Sunday, 9 December, at the Bowmanstown Rod and Gun Club in Carbon County, PA.  I plan on making a big pot of chili for the shooters that should keep them warm and full.

Roger Fisher is running a blanket shoot this month, so bring a $10.00 ML item for the blanket.  It's always fun to shoot and hang out with the many personalities who show up.  You might learn a thing or two.

This is the last shoot for 2012.  Monthly shoots will resume in March 2013.  There are usually a few tables with trade goods, so if you need something for your kit, there's a godd chance you might find it here.

Click here for directions  

Hope to see y'all there.

James
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:16:33 AM by xring2245 »

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: Do You Like Chili?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 02:26:26 AM »
If so, come on out and shoot with the First Frontier Militia next week, Sunday, 9 December, at the Bowmanstown Rod and Gun Club in Carbon County, PA.  I plan on making a big pot of chili for the shooters that should keep them warm and full.

Roger Fisher is running a blanket shoot this month, so bring a $10.00 ML item for the blanket.  It's always fun to shoot and hang out with the many personalities who show up.  You might learn a thing or two.

This is the last shoot for 2012.  Monthly shoots will resume in March 2013.  There are usually a few tables with trade goods, so if you need something for your kit, there's a godd chance you might find it here.

Click here for directions 

Hope to see y'all there.

James

Thanks a bunch for the good PR Jim.....btw there will be more matches besides the blanket shoot aggravation aggregate... ::)

xring2245

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 03:14:17 AM »
You're right, Roger.  There are usually a lot of matches to choose from - offhand, over-the-log, from the bench, rifle, smoothbore, flintlock-only, and a host of others.  The aggregate is my favorite.  There are some challenging targets out there for us to say bad words about... >:(

BTW, I will be making cornbread as well.  Chili and cornbread - yummy.

James

ken

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun, and a worm belly too count me in!!

Offline Pete G.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:19:26 AM »

A worm belly   :o ???  Is that what you get from shooting a chunker for too long   ;D

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:08:09 AM »

A worm belly   :o ???  Is that what you get from shooting a chunker for too long   ;D
Well good God man you gotta move (wiggle around some like you better do when the vulture/buzzards start to circle over you) ;D

xring2245

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 05:41:14 AM »
I won't be puttin any worms in this chili.  Seems like chili that wiggles ain't natral.

ken

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:14:56 AM »
Well you guys Know I cannot  Spell for nothing, But I know that this man can cook.Good shooting good freinds good food Thats a good day!!

xring2245

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
Good shooting good freinds good food Thats a good day!!

Yup, that's what it's all about.  I figured it's time for payback.  Seems like a lot of people overextend themselves by providing goodies for the after-shootin' time, that it's now my turn.  Chili, cornbread, and maybe some iced tea...  How does that sound?

James

xring2245

Twenty-Two Pounds of Chili
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 01:49:08 AM »
Hello all,
     If you're coming to the First Frontier Militia shoot tomorrow, you will be in luck.  I made 22 pounds of chili today!!!  I also brewed iced tea - three gallons, and made cornbread.  I didn't have as much corn meal as I thought I had, so there's only one batch.
     If you're still on the fence about coming, then COME.  We always have a great time.  Besides, you want to watch Roger shoot his sissy-gun.  Shooting starts at 9 a.m. and usually is over by 3:30 p.m.

Later,
James

Offline TMerkley

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 04:53:23 PM »
Good luck to y'all, by the time I get there, it will be over. >:(

xring2245

First Frontier Militia Shoot
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 01:57:30 AM »
Rain, poor visibility, chilly... For the nine brave souls that showed up, that's what we had.  It was a good shooting day, though, as there were enough covered loading areas that we kept relatively dry.

I tied Roger Fisher in the aggregate, having to hit all the distance targets (50 to 75 yards), six in a row, to stay with him.  He beat me in the tie breaker, shooting an eight and I had an on-paper miss.  Darn gun, as smooth as she is and as fast as the lock is, it went off as I was coming up on the target.  Maybe a little less trigger pressure next time???

Lunch was awesome.  The chili was very good (I would say EXCELLENT!!!), the cornbread turned out well, and the iced tea was tasty.

I will post photos tomorrow as I brought my camera along today.  Dinner is almost ready and I want to watch the final episode of Amazing Race.

Next shoot at FFM will be the second Sunday in March.

James
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:52:07 AM by xring2245 »

xring2245

Photos - First Frontier Militia Shoot
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 06:30:29 AM »
Here are some photos for your enjoyment

L to R:  Dale Atkinson, Dave Algard, Erica Algard, and Ed Dillon.  Both Dale and Ed build some fine longrifles.  Fuzzy Johnson is in the target shack.

Fuzzy Johnson does a lot of work in hosting these shoots.

Roger Fisher at the loading bench

Scott Johnson shoots at the Danville club.  He went home with a few prizes.  He really liked the chili and cornbread too.

Wayne Flora and Roger Fisher.  Wayne runs the shoots at the Danville Muzzleloaders.  He's also a pretty good shot.

More coming...  Hope you enjoy these.

James

xring2245

Re: Do You Like Chili? - Shoot Photos Included
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 06:41:59 AM »
More photos of the First Frontier Militia shoot, Sunday, 9 December 2012.

Jim Landish touching one off during the aggregate match.  Jim is a fine shooter and makes some very interesting mustard.

Shooters in the Aggregate Match must have someone witness their hits.  Here Dale Atkinson witnesses for Jim Landish.

Roger Fisher scopes his last shot.  Roger shot well in several of the matches.

Post Office quality.  Have you seen these guys?  Not sure what they're up to, but they are holding the free target.

The chili was pretty good.  Everyone had some and some even had seconds... and thirds.  Nine shooters ate almost 10 pounds of chili.

Although the weather did not cooperate (rain and poor visibilty), everyone had a good time.

Hope you enjoyed the photos.

James

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »
No I'm not drinking outta that powder can! ::)  It's my fail safe way of hanging on to that  spout cover while I pour the black into my measure.  

btw our agg is not a paper agg, being silohuettes, pine cones, spinners, tiles etc.  We do use a paper tiebreaker at 25 yds 1 shot.  Agg is usually 12 shots plus the tiebreaker.  Targets from 20 to 100 yards and changed monthly.  We again thank the boys from Boyertown, Pa ML club for donating 3 more finely crafted silohuette racks. We will do our best to pound those silohuettes.  And more thanks to Jim G for posting the photos. (and the lunch)

Interesting to see photos of shoots and their setups.  How about your club/clubs?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:22:19 PM by Roger Fisher »

xring2245

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »
Roger, do you have a 2013 First Frontier Militia shoot schedule that you can post?  I posted the 2013 shoot schedule for the Brandywine Longrifles.  Maybe we can get FFM's schedule up for all to see.

James

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 02:16:52 AM »
Roger, do you have a 2013 First Frontier Militia shoot schedule that you can post?  I posted the 2013 shoot schedule for the Brandywine Longrifles.  Maybe we can get FFM's schedule up for all to see.

James
We will stick with 2nd Sunday of each month March thru December God willing!