Author Topic: swivel breech-general info  (Read 15297 times)

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
Re: swivel breech-general info
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »
Thanks Bernie, I'll look over your offerings, but I, (me and mydangself) am the DIY sort and will likely build by the plans in Dave's book there---right after I throw a few rifles together.

Dave, got the book first class and all.  Looks fine and dandy, the real Q's won't start until i begin to gather materials and start making mistakes or simply over-thinking everything.

With the exception of wood I have enough long bbl singles scheduled to keep me out of trouble with the law for a little while.  2014 is looking good.  ;)

BUT that I hope this thread may have helped others find contacts, products, and information WRT the Single Cock double.  (SCD).
Hold to the Wind

Offline b bogart

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 10:31:09 PM »
Bernie I looked on you site and did not see the swivel breech parts. Where can we see them? I have a few parts but am always looking to check out some new and different items. Thanks.

Offline Randall Steffy

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 11:56:36 PM »

Offline b bogart

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 02:17:59 AM »
Thank you Mr Steffy.

blaksmth

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 09:06:09 AM »
 I own a swivel breech percussion that my dad made for me when i was 12 yrs old, it has a back action percussion lock and the swivel mechanisim works off of a coil spring and a ballbearing, each barrel behind the breech has a detant in the plate , and the axel is set in a  small sealed bearing inside the other plate thet is fastened to the stock, not like the origionals   and when you rotate barrels the ball bearing snaps in the detant hole.

one barrel is 36cal and the other barrel is a shotgun of about 410 it has a jug choke , the barrels are soft soldered together, and two ramrods  this is my squirrel rifle or rabbit gun

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 06:58:08 PM »
  When you guys get the mechanics of a two barrel swivel breech figured out, please go to the latest Muzzleblasts magazine, and explain to me, how the newly discovered L.C.Kersey three barreled swivel works. I have looked at all the pictures in the article, and can not grasp how this thing rotated, and locked up. I may have to drive over to Mendocino County, and hunt this guy up, just so I can relieve my curiosity. Its only about thirty miles from my home.

Hungry Horse