Author Topic: Help with rifle,sorry no pics  (Read 6453 times)

sixthsensegun

Help with rifle,sorry no pics
« on: December 28, 2008, 01:52:06 AM »
Hello a newbe here.I have a long rifle,Tiger Maple half stock,looks to be a silver nose cap,Barrel 42",Iron with Iron ramrod,D with a star on the barrel,octagon to the nose cap then round for the remainder, straight rifling about 45 cal, Brass trigger guard and buttplate very slender, brass sights, R.Ashmore & son on lockplate overall about 56" no patchbox. J B Wurst stamped on bottom on underside of brass buttplate.Perccusion. Any help would be great as far as date and proper rifle name(english, or custom made) Thanks in advance,
                              sixthsensegun
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 02:22:15 AM by sixthsensegun »

Dan Breitenstein

Re: Help with rifle,sorry no pics
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:04:35 AM »
Look as hard as you can for anything ... I mean ANYTHING stamped or engraved on the top flat of the barrel. Without pictures it's virtually impossible for anyone to wager a bet on the maker.  The name on the lock is that of the lock maker (Ashmore made a ton of them). The name stamped on the buttplate is likely an owner.

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:42:11 AM »
If you send pictures to  parifles@earthink.net  we will post them in the library below or you can post them here, and the whole membership will be able to help you identify the maker.
Hurricane and the Library Committee
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:43:10 AM by hurricane »

sixthsensegun

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 04:40:27 AM »
Pics were sent to the library. Thank You
                            sixthsensegun

Offline nord

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »
Check our mail accounts and have seen no new arrivals. Please consider resending your photos.

Questions? (888) 330-9610
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.

sixthsensegun

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »
Hi, I attached them to an E mail from aol and i got them back undeliverd.Then I resized them and the same thing.Then I just droped a couple in a email.We'll see what happins,Thanks
                             sixthsensegun 

Online T*O*F

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »
I attached them to an E mail from aol and i got them back undeliverd.
I did likewise and sent an email to Hurricane with a zipped file containing 6 pictures.  The attached file size was less than 500kb and it was also returned as undeliverable.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

sixthsensegun

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 10:23:32 PM »
No luck,got that one back too.
                             sixthsensegun

Offline nord

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 10:56:58 PM »
OK guys...

Our mail server is set up to allow only those presently in our address book, but to notify us us of those wishing for us to receive mail. This we choose to allow or disallow.

After reading your post I suspect that the reason for the problem is that you're using a "suspect" account. This doesn't mean that you're suspect, but it does mean that the free mail accounts are responsible for a lot of trash and are routinely blocked by our ISP.

Try the following:

Send a simple mail titled test to <nordata@earthlink.net>. Perhaps call me at (888) 330-9610 as you send the mail. We'll work things out from there.

Please EVERYONE experiencing problems, let us know through this forum. We'll figure a way to get things done.

Thanks.
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.

sixthsensegun

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 07:43:45 PM »
I made another attemp to send pictures. hope it works. Thank You
                                           sixthsensegun

Offline nord

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
In case you gentlemen don't get my personal message...

Call me at (888) 330-9610 and leave your Email address. I'll send you a mail marked ALR. This will add you to the "allowed" list  (in most cases) and our ISP will then forward the mail.

I'm sorry for any problems, but security is always an issue. This was driven home to me on another site which was nearly shut down by filth merchants until we took near-draconian measures to prevent it.

Please be patient and accept my apologies.

sixthsensegun

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 01:43:14 AM »
Pictures are in the library,Thanks
                sixthsensegun
Unknown (Ref. 090106-1)