Author Topic: TV "experts"  (Read 12349 times)

blaksmth

Re: TV "experts"
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 07:33:19 AM »
 The gun powder called BULK powder got a lot of folks in trouble with the black powder guns i have been told

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 05:03:42 PM »
With all this talk about shooting old guns, it reminds me of my brother, Dick.   In the late 40's he bought a nice Berks county
flintlock, I don't remember who built it, now this is the part that is disturbing......he paid $35 for it.  He had a lot of fun with
it and actually hunted with it.   What is also disturbing, he carried the old original "fox head" hunting bag made by our grandfather.   The bag has been shown on the forum, and is so good that when I showed it to Madison Grant, who did a book
on old hunting bags, proclaimed "if I had seen this earlier it would be on the cover of my book".   ...........Don

Online JTR

• member 2
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »
I don't believe that I ever saw one of those Pawn guys or "experts" check to see if a piece was loaded before handling it.

That part is in the script to do Before the camera is turned on.
Guys, remember, it's a TV show. It has Nothing to do with reality!

John

John Robbins

Offline Hungry Horse

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
 I gave up TV years ago, If you believe anything you see on that infernal thing, you should have all the points cut off you Crayolas, so you aren't a danger to yourself and others.

Hungry Horse