Author Topic: Graf and sons black powder  (Read 4068 times)

Luke

Graf and sons black powder
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
bought stuff from these folks in the past now they have a powder with their name on it has anyone used this brand,saw it on their web site,i maybe wrong but i cant afford the good swiss stuff and it apears to me you have got to buy 25 1 pound cans at the time, so if anyone has shot this brand let me know pretty good price and i can buy 1,2,10 cans from them.thanks for all the help .luke

dagner

Re: Graf and sons black powder
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
 YES YOU CAN   .CLICK ON THEIR SINGLE CAN PRICES . 24 CANS TO CASE .YOU ARE LOOK AT DELIVED CASE PRICE. REMEMBER IF YOU WANT IT DELIVERED YOU HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING AND HAZNET FEE ON ORDERS UNDER A CASE

Offline Darrin McDonal

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »
Yep I have. I have been using their powder for the last 5-6 years now and I really like it. It is not as hot as the Swiss but it is very similar to Goex and very good. As a matter of fact I am getting low and would like to replenish my supply.
Darrin
Apprentice Gunsmith
Colonial Williamsburg
Owner of Frontier Flintlocks

Offline Kermit

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:47:11 PM »
I understand Graf's is Schuetzen with a different label. That'll probably be my next order.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West

Offline Hank*in*WV

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:41:18 AM »
Good stuff.
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline bgf

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:40:44 AM »
It is the same as Schuetzen, had that verified by Graf's.

In general, cleaner than Goex but not as clean as Swiss.  Also in general, equal to or sometimes a little less than Goex in power department; seems to vary by lot; I had one sample of 3F that was more potent than Goex 3f.  I have used it and liked it for most part (many pounds of 3F), as have others, but it does seem (at least most of the 3F I've used) to cause trouble in high temperature, high humidity situations -- the fouling turns to runny goop that sets up like concrete fairly suddenly in the worst places.  At least that is what it seemed like to me, when I switched from Goex 3f to Graf's 3f one summer.  As long as the temp. is moderate (<90dF), never noticed any problems.  It is worth trying -- nothing terrible will happen.  Just don't expect Swiss type results in terms of energy, and it may not even be as energetic as some batches of Goex.

Luke

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 03:31:47 AM »
thanks guys