Author Topic: FLINTLOCK CAPE GUN  (Read 4706 times)

ed good

FLINTLOCK CAPE GUN
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »
30" OCTAGON BARRELS. RIGHT BARREL IS .62 CALIBER WITH SHALLOW GROOVE RIFLING. LEFT BARREL IS 20 GAUGE SMOOTH BORE. WEIGHS JUST 7 1/2 POUNDS! NO MAKERS MARKS. FINE WORKMANSHIP. BEST GUESS TODAY, IS THAT THIS PIECE IS OF DUTCH OR SPANISH ORIGIN AND WAS PERHAPS MADE FOR THE AFRICAN COLONIAL TRADE, CIRCA 1800. ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED... DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST PITCHERS HERE, SO EMAIL FOR LINK.

Offline 490roundball

Re: FLINTLOCK CAPE GUN
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »
Ed

Here are a couple from your other post, i can get the others later, or show you how

"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum

ed good

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 12:12:39 AM »
pictures you sent are not appearing. maybe I have some kind of software that is blocking them?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:38:15 AM »
Ed,
I looked at the links (URL's) that 490roundball posted, the forum that the photos reside on require you to be a member in order to see them. That is why they do not show.

Dennis
ALR Admin
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:40:07 AM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline 490roundball

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 01:04:44 AM »
ahh - and that must be why I do see them.

Ed can you put them on a site like photobucket?
"It's a poor word that can't be spelt two ways" Tom Yeardley in Swanson's Silent Drum

ed good

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 03:27:21 AM »
I have been a member for a while now, but have not posted here recently. maybe I am in some inactive bucket. anyway, item is listed for sale on gunbroker with lots of pictures. take a look. ed
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:29:02 AM by ed good »

GrampaJack

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 03:01:17 AM »
Ed, you should post your question on doublegunshop.com.  That is the center of the world for questions on double guns and they have members from all over.  Jack

eddillon

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 03:12:26 AM »
Ed,
I looked at the links (URL's) that 490roundball posted, the forum that the photos reside on require you to be a member in order to see them. That is why they do not show.

Dennis
ALR Admin

Hi Dennis,
I'm a member and can't see them or have I been disbarred for putting up too many photos from the German museum?
 ;D

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 06:15:34 PM »
Hi Dennis,
I'm a member and can't see them or have I been disbarred for putting up too many photos from the German museum?
 Grin
I suspect the problem is that when you link from our forum to the photo URL's on that other forum, their forum, even if you are a member, does not recognize you as a member. Possibly if you login then try it and see the photos. Not sure. One other thing might be that the URL is not to an actual photos but evidently to some type of photo viewing script.
Dennis
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:17:14 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

eddillon

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
Hi Dennis,
 Grin
I suspect the problem is that when you link from our forum to the photo URL's on that other forum, their forum, even if you are a member, does not recognize you as a member. Possibly if you login then try it and see the photos. Not sure. One other thing might be that the URL is not to an actual photos but evidently to some type of photo viewing script.
Dennis

Dennis,
I logged out and logged in again.  Still no pictures.  I do not go to any other longrifle forum.

ed good

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »
I am logged in. when I click on additional options, the link to my documents file where my pictures reside does not open so I cannot up load pictures here.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:57:19 PM by ed good »

ed good

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »
490: thanks for getting my pics to appear...how did you do that? ed
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:56:19 PM by ed good »