Author Topic: Fun in the snow...you reading this Roger!  (Read 5218 times)

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Fun in the snow...you reading this Roger!
« on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:40 AM »
Here's some pics of todays frolics.  The temp was -4 C ( about 23 F) and a good wind blowing fine snow.  On the trail, though the snow was falling, there was almost no wind.  Mighty pleasant.  Five of us enjoyed each other's company, and after the shooting at mid afternoon, we roasted hot dogs and had some beer to honour the passing of one of our best Wilf Krupp who died just a couple days ago.  We will miss him.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:06:47 AM by D. Taylor Sapergia »
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Fun in the snow...you reading this Roger!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:12:39 AM »
 Looks like great fun, a nice way to Honor a Friend.

Tim C.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:05:49 AM »

Tim C.
Yes, he would like it!  Every year we are fewer :(

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:07:04 AM »

Tim C.

You bet.  Sometimes even if weather conditions aren't what we would like them to be, we our bound by our friendship to honor our friend's who we have lost.

I might add that fire looks mighty inviting!

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:24:31 AM »
As you can see in the pictures with the guy's squinty eye's trying to look into the blowing snow and our overall white-coated appearance - we were having a BLAST!  Ross had snow-shoed a trail over the last two weeks, with some help from us in boots ( forgot my snow-shoes last weekend), we've a good semi-hard trail from the road down to the bush, where the snow isn't as deep.  As I write this it's still snowing and blowing, which isn't too normal for us - snow - yes - blow - no.  Guess the 'weather change' is hitting us. The winds usually don't accompany snow here, but that's changing. Drifts didn't used to be a problem - might be different this year. Hopefully the warm weather will hold and we'll be shooting again next Sunday.  Harry- ALL of the 'boys' down there, you too, need to buy some winter clothing & get out shooting. You are missing some fine times & requisite practise. Both Taylor and I got our cards today, along with most of the other targets. We only missed a couple.  3 of us were shootng flintlock rifles, the other two, flintlock smoothbores. All had a great time with good 'fast' food cooked in the stove on weiner sticks, with buns, condiments, beer or coffee.  Yes sirree - good time.  We all drank a toast TO WILF.

May his trails be fresh with game a-plenti.

northmn

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:14:27 PM »
Funny how the food cooked that way tastes so good.  Great way to honor a friend.  My father used to go fishing about every day in the summer and went to Texas so he could fish on open water in the winter.  I got a little too busy one summer when he was in his assisted living home and and didn't go fishing.  His advice was to do those things we enjoy and make time as some day you may be like him and cannot do so anymore.  He was correct and I make time to hunt and fish again.  That is a way of honoring a friend that we enjoyed life with.  I wish it was in the 20's here.  Built up my wood fires and got up to -25 F.  Got plenty of that beautiful white @#@#@ you show in your picture.  Sitting around the wood fire with friends is still a great time.

DP

lew wetzel

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »
you fellas really look more  like kids out there playing.what a wonderful way to honor a friend.glad to hear you had a great time.no matter what the weather,get out and shoot!!!! 

Offline acorn20

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »
Taylor,

Looks like shining times for sure.  The food and company are always better in that kind of surroundings.  Tall tales, cold beer and hot food.  Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Dan
Dan Akers

buffalo

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »
Great pictures guys,i look forward to seeing pictures from all the guys at ALR,maybe in a couple months when the temp here rises to near freezeing i,ll venture out,keep em coming,

Harnic

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »
Harry- ALL of the 'boys' down there, you too, need to buy some winter clothing & get out shooting. You are missing some fine times & requisite practise.

Got lots of good warm gear Daryl, my hands are the only part that won't stay warm, no matter what I wear on them!  Got my eyes open for a pair of those battery powered heated gloves, that might help get me out there.  Glad to see some familiar faces out there having fun!

Sure sorry to hear about Wilf... the herd is getting thinner every year.  In the last year & a half I have lost 8 friends & relatives, I hope the rest stick around for a while!