Author Topic: I need a hook-type patent breech made for a left hand 3/4" barrel  (Read 3249 times)

Offline TNVolunteerEngineer

I want to build a very light .36 caliber rifle with a half stock.   The barrel is a .785 full octagon.   I really want to use a hook type patent breech with the nipple built into the breech.  I don't want to use a drum and nipple.   The smallest LH hook breech I have been able to find is the ones made by Pete Allan and sold by Track and others.  It isn't small enough to adapt to my barrel.    I have a left hand hook tang, so all I need is the breech made.   I want to ship the barrel and tang and have the breech fitted to it.  If you know of a source of such a breech, either already made or someone who can make one, I would greatly appreciate it.

email: allanmckinney@msn.com

keweenaw

Re: I need a hook-type patent breech made for a left hand 3/4" barrel
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »
Hand building that breech and fitting it would take considerable time.  Are you trying to build an expensive rifle? 

Tom

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:52:31 PM »
I want to build a very light .36 caliber rifle with a half stock.   The barrel is a .785 full octagon.   I really want to use a hook type patent breech with the nipple built into the breech.  I don't want to use a drum and nipple.   The smallest LH hook breech I have been able to find is the ones made by Pete Allan and sold by Track and others.  It isn't small enough to adapt to my barrel.    I have a left hand hook tang, so all I need is the breech made.   I want to ship the barrel and tang and have the breech fitted to it.  If you know of a source of such a breech, either already made or someone who can make one, I would greatly appreciate it.

email: allanmckinney@msn.com
Use the Ohio paten breach plug from TOTW - yes, I know it is not a hook breach plug but it is WAY less in price than having a hook plug made - you'll be glad you did ;D!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
You could try Dennis Mc Candless at 575 382 1978

Offline TNVolunteerEngineer

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 07:57:12 PM »
I talked to Dennis McCandless today.  He is 77 and isn't doing any work.   The way he talked he was getting dangerous around the machines.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:00:35 PM »
I hit 77 on 27 March but I have always been dangerous around machinery.

Bob Roller

Offline gunmaker

• the old dog gunmaker
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 02:50:42 AM »
please don't get to dangerous around that machinery ----until I get my Twigg back.  I'm 70 who woulda thunk.   Tom