Author Topic: Maryland Longrifle Display  (Read 2721 times)

Offline VP

Maryland Longrifle Display
« on: April 23, 2013, 04:12:11 PM »
I just visited the B&O Railroad Musuem in Ellicott City, Maryland that is hosting a display of Maryland made rifles. It is a great display of some of the best rifles from the area. There are 21 guns on display with three pistols. Some of the makers include George Nunnemaker, a great John Armstrong, John Gonter, Christian Hawken, Matthias Shroyer, etc. A complete listing of the rifles displayed and the musuem's location can be found on the Kentucky Rifle Foundation's website: www.kentuckyriflefoundtion.org. The display is also listed in the classified forums in the Upcoming Longrifle related show/events. It is well worth the time to visit this museum and the surrounding antique shops.

Van

Offline VP

Re: Maryland Longrifle Display
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »
I forgot to add in the above post that the Director of the B&O Museum is offering free admission (normally $6) for all KRA and CLA members during the duration of the display.

Van

Offline Fullstock longrifle

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 12:40:23 AM »
This is the first time this many Maryland rifles have been showed together in one exhibit.  Well worth seeing.

Frank

Gregory

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 02:48:42 AM »
Sounds like a road trip.

I've seent the Landis Valley Lancaster collection and the Luray Caverns Virginia collection.

Very cool to see these old guns.

Greg