Author Topic: Bob Browner on blog.  (Read 3959 times)

Offline jdm

• member 2
Bob Browner on blog.
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:50:39 AM »
Nice pistol by Bob Browner on the Blog. I knew he did great Hawkens. Didn't know he made such nice pistols.
JIM

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
Re: Bob Browner on blog.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:59:24 AM »
Bob did a fantastic job on this pistol - really fully capturing the feel of the quality of Creamer's work nicely. He had to make or heavily modify many of the parts to match the original Jackson dueler.  The pistol was on the cover of Muzzle Blasts this month with a full article on the pistol, Bob and Phillip Creamer by Tim Albert.  Creamer is one of those gunsmiths whose work just really stuns when you see it.  Layne's engraving really enhances the piece as well.

We are fortunate to have three really fantastic guns in this year's CLA auction - each of which is very unique, historically accurate and represents a gun or style that is sort breaking new ground with contemporary interpretation.  In addition to Bob Browner's Creamer/Jackson pistol, Darrin McDonal and Jim Parker did a superb copy of the Battle of New Orleans/ John Jacob Sheetz rifle and Marvin Kemper has done a Lexington style rifle that will knock your socks off.  All of these pieces required a tremendous amount of research and study by the builders, as well as custom work on all the parts, and then they pulled off the builds beautifully.  We are fortunate also that they lend their talent and expertise to this forum.

Guy  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:10:52 PM by G-Man »

Offline Don Stith

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 02:15:44 AM »
To make it even worse, Bob Browner is a super nice guy on top of his skills. I am proud to call him  friend.

Offline jdm

• member 2
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 02:59:55 AM »
Don , Your right, Bob is one of the good guys. I'm glad to see him getting the reconition he deserves.  I believe I own a Henry Derringer rifle you did some restoration on several years ago. Your work is outstanding as well.   JIM
JIM

Offline Don Stith

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 04:29:07 AM »
 Thanks Jim
Bob and I were both lucky to be mentored and tutored by Keith Neubauer. If you could not learn from him, you just could not learn

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 06:01:18 AM »
I got to know Bob as a chunk gun shooter, had no idea that he was a gun builder of this quality, did a great job on that pistol.
And, as Don pointed out, one heck of a nice guy.........Don

Offline doulos

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 07:34:15 AM »
Im no expert but I really like his Hawken rifles. Ive seen some pictures and they were really something.