Author Topic: dixie gun works  (Read 3146 times)

Offline hortonstn

dixie gun works
« on: May 01, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »
going to tnn, anybody stoped at dixie gun works?
what did you think?

bigboytwo

Re: dixie gun works
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 01:32:42 AM »
I drive down through TN on hwy 51 quite often. Have been to DGW on several occaisions. Very interesting just to go through the place. Makes you water at the mouth just looking at all the stuff in the place. You will enjoy it I'm sure.

dagner

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 11:13:27 AM »
  the museam will have you droolling. 40 years ago we went down and their were wood 6 pallets of guns sitting on the floor.about 8 guns per layer 6 layers per palet. they all had different  little  very cheep price tags on them.all weird caliber  and styles sharps -balards -single shots   rolling blocks- muzzle loaders of every type  etc- me and my  buddy each had half dozen and took up to counter. this was guns that their  buyers /sale people  brough all around the country from evcery liitle out of the way shop in usa.the owner came out as they were ringing up our guns. i can still hear him screaming at his employees on what $#*! he thought they were doing.they were for his private collection and start of the museam. he appologised to us profusely and gave us 10% discount for our purchases.

oldarcher

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:11:45 PM »
I visited the store in 2000-2001 and found it a nice experience. You will really see some rare and interesting rifles. Well worth the trip.