Author Topic: Longrifles at Sleepy Hollow  (Read 2679 times)

Offline PPatch

Longrifles at Sleepy Hollow
« on: May 11, 2013, 03:24:11 AM »
Micah came up today bringing three of his beautifully made smoke poles and we shot round balls at paper, cans and spinners at 25/50/80 yards. FUN! The first time I have shot a flintlock, gives me inspiration to get a move on with my build, I learned a great deal - flintlocks are awesome!

Micah fiddles in his possibles bag

Micah takes deadly aim while I attempt to capture the flame and smoke...

Got the smoke, fire and brimstone failure...

We fired up my 1851 Navy too, tin cans are still running.

Thank you Micah for a most enjoyable day, and thanks too for not shooting the turkey hen that wondered onto the range (they're sitting eggs right now).  ;)

dave
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:27:11 AM by PPatch »
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

C. Cash

Re: Longrifles at Sleepy Hollow
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 04:34:29 AM »
Looks like you had a great time and thank you for sharing those.  If most of the folks who fiddle with synthetic inlines and such only knew what they were missing.

mjm46@bellsouth.net

Re: Longrifles at Sleepy Hollow
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:32:15 PM »
It was my pleasure Dave. I really do enjoy sharing my flintlock rifles, they are so addictive that once you've shot them you'll never go percussing. A good flintlock works so much better than the other style lock, especially when there is powder under the ball, right Dave! It was a great time had by all.

I got to examine Dave's rifle in progress. It is coming along exceedingly well, it's hard to believe it's his first rifle. He's got a Cash tuned Chamber's Siler lock that is very sweet. I was impressed and I'm very anxious to see it all done. It's going to be such a fine rifle. You're doing real good, Dave.

I did see the hen turkey wandering around out there, now if that had been her hubby strolling around I might have been very distracted for a while. A few more days left to turkey season and I did have my .36 cal with me ...... heh, heh, heh.