Author Topic: Goex feedback  (Read 13796 times)

Harnic

Re: Goex feedback
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 05:09:08 AM »
Thanks r/b, I guess when the day comes I'll have to use my hoarded supply of 3f as a prime down the barrel with the cheapest sub as the main charge.  It least 4f lasts forever! ;)  In all my years of shooting flintlocks, I've only used about 1½#.  The 2 pounds I bought at the Heffley Creek rondy last year should last me the rest of my days. :D

Evil Monkey

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 07:05:15 PM »
Hate to admit it, but I think you are probably right about this Harry. :(  It's getting so that it's becoming awful expensive to shoot any muzzle loading firearm.  Eventually the cost of replenishing one's depleting stock of, powder, patch, ball, cap, flint,,, sooner or later we'll catch up with all of us.

With all due respect CS, that's hogwash. Even at $30 lb, a 50gr load costs .22 cents, say, .05 cents for patch and another .05 for lead and .03 cents for flint, that's .35 cents per bang. Even if you shot 50 rounds every weekend like Roundball does, that's only $17.50 ($70 per month) and thats allot more shooting than most guys do. Compare that to a round of golf. $#*!, for me, $17.50 wouldn't cover the balls that I lose in 9 holes (that's why I don't golf). Most smokers pay upwards of $300 per month on smokes. Where else can you get that kind of enjoyment and satisfaction for under $20?. No, shooting muzzleloaders is by FAR the biggest BANG for the entertainment buck there is.

Daryl

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
I agree with monkey - shooting got a bit more expensive last Sunday - multiply the powder cost by 3 times. The patches were lubed in something smelled like lube 100000000 - been in the tin box lubed since I wrecked my back - maybe 1998 - went through a horn of powder in no time - had a treat - shooting the 14 bore with Brad. What a blast - loads of gun and fun. Balls run 14 1/2 per pound of lead.

Harnic

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 04:55:45 AM »
I think we can all bear a reasonable increase in prices, what worries me is the feds over-regulating black powder to the point where ALL shippers won't touch it & the rules are so prohibitive it's not worth the small profit to the store owners.  That's the ultimate gun control, shut down the ammunition supplies!

TrapperPaul

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 06:13:20 AM »
I must add that my PA HUNTER flinter shoots very reliably with triple seven as long as my flint is sharp, but the delay is obvious. It does go bang every time however, and that's what counts!
Paul

Harnic

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 07:30:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum Paul!

Do you use Triple Seven as prime or real b/p?