Author Topic: Cataract eye drops  (Read 3804 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Cataract eye drops
« on: May 16, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
Does have to do with shooting so I'll pose this question here, if wrong move it... :)

Removal of cataract coming up July 16th and eye drops to be applied for 3 days prior.  As luck would have it that falls on a Sat shoot and a Sunday shoot.  It will be Zymaxid and Ac ular for those 3 days.... ::)

Can anyone out there tell me the following:   You may have such first hand experience.   -  After appling the drops 4 times each day will I be able to see  enough to shoot and to drive?  Give it to me straight.

mjm46@bellsouth.net

Re: Cataract eye drops
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
If it's the same drop I had It's an antibiotic drop to reduce the chance of infection during the surgery. They shouldn't affect your vision, the drop that affects your vision is the dilating drops that you take the day of the surgery.

But I would call my surgeon for better info.

Offline SCLoyalist

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:55:00 PM »
What Micah said.   And, many surgeons do routine surgeries on the same day of the week, so if there are potential vision problems from side effects from the meds, he probably wouldn't be upset at all if you asked for a one week delay so there wouldn't be any chance of vision side effects while you're out of town shooting.

Black Jack

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
I recently had cataract surgery. The antibiotic drops prior did not affect sight any more than any eyedrop. 

ramrod

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »
had the sugery 10 yrs. ago . best thing i ever did clear sight now & no long distance corrective glasses . still need reading glasses , but luckily found shooting glasses with bifocals . good luck on surgery . hope to see you at susq. friday.

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 02:15:59 AM »
Roger......you will love the end product.   Seems like I was doing a lot of drops in the eyes, before and after, but, if I remember  correctly they did not affect my vision.   It is a quick and painless operation and you will be thrilled with the end
product........fantastic.   Everything will seem bright again.....good luck........Don

dagner

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »
  my best fiends had it done and he asked the doc about shooting, he was told not to for a month till healed ,stay out dusty wind areaes  .new surgery on eye-shooting  black powder guns.not reasl smart to shoot till healed. do it easy way .ask your doctor.

Offline Long John

• Give me Liberty or give me Death
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 04:45:36 PM »
Roger,

I don't know about the drops but my older brother had the surgery for both eyes.  He insists he can see better now than he can recollect seeing before.  He is delighted with the results.

Best Wishes for a sublimely successful procedure!

Long John aka John Cholin