Author Topic: New KRF CD "Maryland to the Frontier"  (Read 5148 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
New KRF CD "Maryland to the Frontier"
« on: June 06, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »
The KRF (Kentucky Rifle Foundation) just came out with a new CD entitled "Maryland to the Frontier". In addition to having 210 high resolution photos of guns made in Maryland, there is a slideshow "Maryland to the Frontier". I am looking forward to this one since my Glazener ancestors settled in Western Maryland in the 1740's.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:49:28 PM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
Re: New KRA CD "Maryland to the Frontier"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »
Would you know if these are the same guns at the B&O exhibit?  Haven't made it up there yet, but I hope they have some of these CD's at Dixon's. 

Where in western MD did they settle?  I went to Frostburg and spent a lot of time stomping around Allegany and Garret counties.  Was even lucky enough to take the first bear up there in Meshach's old haunts when they opened the season back in 2004, first legal bear in MD in over 50 years.  Still got tag #0000001 on the wall with her.   ;D
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

Offline Fullstock longrifle

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »
Yes, these are the rifles that are currently on exhibit at the B&O Railroad Museum. The exhibit will be there until October 2013.
Frank

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 08:21:21 PM »
Where in western MD did they settle?  I went to Frostburg and spent a lot of time stomping around Allegany and Garret counties
They settled in "Brothers Valley" in the early 1740's then moved about over the PA line between Frostburg and Ft Cumberland, not sure of the date but my 4th F G GF was born in Allegany County MD in 1755. He served with the Maryland militia in 1776 and 1777 (Captain Coulson/Captain Clintons).

Always wondered what the rifles from the Frostburg/Ft. Cumberland area looked like circa 1776/77.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

coutios

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »
   Will they make these available at the CLA show in August???

Thanks
Dave

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »
If Henry Bishop is able to attend the CLA Show, he will bring them there, however I'm not sure if he's going this year.
Frank
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:06:59 PM by Fullstock longrifle »

Offline HIB

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 10:11:10 PM »
Gentlemen,  If I can not bring the Maryland CD's and the other Kentucky Rifle Foundation products I will make sure someone else does. So, count on them being there and hopefully, me to.  HIB

Offline VP

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
The Maryland Rifle CD contains some high quailty Maryland rifles. Some of the rifles photographed are Matthias Shroyer of Taneytown, Henry Koons of Double Pipe Creek, an excellent John Armstrong of Emmitsburg, Peter White of Emmitsburg,Jacob Christ of Graceham, Jacob Metzger of Frederick, a knock out John Stonesifer of Boonsboro, Christian Hawken of Hagerstown, a beautiful Jacob Grove of Middletown, Martin Rizer of Cumberland plus three pistols and two F&I powder horns. These are just some of the 21 rifles shown. Each rifle has enough dimensions that drawings can be extracted from the photographs. The exhibit is well worth the trip to Ellicott City to see the display at the B&O museum and visit the numerous antique shops.

Van

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 05:19:47 PM »
The CD of "Maryland to the Frontier" is now available, here is a teaser of one of the guns in the exhibit, a fine early John Armstrong rifle.  If you can't get to the exhibit, be sure to get the CD.

Frank
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:22:26 PM by Fullstock longrifle »

Re: New KRF CD "Maryland to the Frontier"
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 05:34:03 AM »
How about another teaser?

Frank

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
Headed to the Maryland display this week end ,can't wait ;D ;D ;D

Mitch Yates

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 04:24:28 PM »
Please give us some feedback, let us know what you think.
Frank