Author Topic: New Contemporary Horn  (Read 4064 times)

Berks Liberty

New Contemporary Horn
« on: January 09, 2009, 06:41:38 PM »
Hopefully these photos attach themselves.  I made this horn for my Dad this Christmas.  He didn't know what to say.  I put events on the horn which depict events in his life.  Hope you like it! I call it the Life Horn.  I used a lot of color on it to make it pop.  Not something you would carry in the woods but I made it so you could.  It is water tight and could be used but my dad won't.  It has a nice place above his fire place. 

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
Re: New Contemporary Horn
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 07:11:14 PM »
Very nicely done - and a wonderful idea.  I'm sure your Dad loves it!
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"

Berks Liberty

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »
Thanks for the compliment.  My dad couldn't stop talking about it. 

ottawa

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »
real nice job and a great idea

titanicslim

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:23:28 AM »
That's really nice, and totally in the spirit of the old-time makers.  I like that.  All the more since I wore at least one of those patches (9th ID) for a few years!

Dave

Offline markwi

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 03:40:16 AM »
That sure is a nice gift. A great gift!!  Mark

Berks Liberty

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 04:36:56 AM »
That's really nice, and totally in the spirit of the old-time makers.  I like that.  All the more since I wore at least one of those patches (9th ID) for a few years!

Dave

Thanks Dave.  While making the Horn I wanted to make sure that anyone looking at the horn understands that my Dad fought for this country in Vietnam and how much pride he holds for serving his country and community he lives in.  I'm just really proud of my Dad!  Thank you also Dave for your service.  There will always be a huge space for Vets in my heart. 

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 10:07:36 AM »
Berks, that is very nice. Will mean more to you many years from now than any others you have or will make, and your children someday could treasure it too. If my son were to ever make me something like that I would probably bawl like a baby.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:08:08 AM by Clark B »
Psalms 144

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »
Awesome thought and gift.  Very nicely done.  Not enough can be said (or done)for those that have served their county.  Been wanting to do something like that for a local vet's club to help drum up some needed $$$$ to help their treasury.  I'm sure it would go over big. 
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."