General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Chits for prizes.

(1/4) > >>

Roger Fisher:
Had our annual meeting today and no fist fights - thats a good thing ;)

We had a short discussion on how chits (certificates) for a free ride would work out.

By this I mean draw up a simple certificate i.e for 3rd place in a reentry target value around 7 or 8 dollars.  The placer would be 'awarded ' this chit for say 7 free $1. targets at a future shoot.  The simplicity of this idea is obvious and the 'placer' gets something he can use.

Have any of you out there tried this idea at your club and how did it work out?

Any body complain ?

So easy for a 'cheapskate' to copy a certificate and get more than he is due; but then again he always takes a chance on being tarred and feathered!!!  I don't really think any of 'our' folks would try that! ???  But, trust no one!

markwi:
I never heard of anyone doing that , but it sounds like a good idea to me. I think I will bring up at one of our meeting to see what they think about it. Mark

Daryl:
Sounds feasible, Roger, but answer this - when setting up a shoot, do you have double prizes for every match - one set of 3 prizes for 1st shot scores and 1 set of 3 prises for re-entry scores?

Roger Fisher:

--- Quote from: Daryl on January 12, 2009, 03:26:05 AM ---Sounds feasible, Roger, but answer this - when setting up a shoot, do you have double prizes for every match - one set of 3 prizes for 1st shot scores and 1 set of 3 prises for re-entry scores?

--- End quote ---
No!

Our one day shoots include 9 matches from smoothbore, offhand rifle, chunk, and a silohuette & primative agg.  the Agg usually is 12 shots plus a tiebreaker and that agg is one and done....!  The rest of the matches are all reentry meaning your best target for the day is the one counted.    I know, I know, this way the more you shoot (and buy targets) the better your chances,.,,!  It works for us!   A paper agg is doable and done at other clubs which is one and done and non reentry.    We pay 3 places in each match. The agg we sometimes go to 4th or 5th place depending on the number of shooters,.!

Candle Snuffer:
Not a bad idea Roger...

Our club hasn't tried anything like this (as yet) simply because our members are in agreement that we shoot for the enjoyment of it once a month and once prizes enter into the equation (as it has in the past) folks simply don't show up because they know only a few will be in contention for those prizes.  Where I live the shooter's don't have much confidence in their ability - yet they are some of the best shooters I've see???

Now at Rendezvous it's a different story.  Lots of competition, lots of "Trader Bucks" up for grabs.  The idea of "Trader Bucks" is that the winners will spend those certificates in camp at the Trade Tents, yet there are some that prefer to cash them in.  It was thought that "Trader Bucks" would help the vendors and make coming to Chadron Fur Trade Days a proffitable venture, but unfortunately it really hasn't.  Now I'm not bragging but when I win "Trader Bucks" I spend them in camp for this very reason to help support the Traders who come.  Sadly we have less and less Traders every year.....

I like your club's idea, and I'm sure it will work out for all of you.  You have the bodies for competition, we don't...  Good luck! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version