Author Topic: Kid sized barrels  (Read 6469 times)

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
Kid sized barrels
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »
I just spoke to Barbie this morning about their new "Little Fellers" rifle kit.

It's really nice, but I'm looking for something quite a bit smaller.

I remember seeing an oct /round 30" long barrel a number of years ago.  ( I think it was Vernon Davis).

Does anyone know of another available out there??

Would like either oct/round, or swamped.
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Kid sized barrels
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »
Dane,
Contact Fred Miller. I know that he had a few for sale at Dixon's year before last. He also had a profiled stock he sold with the barrels.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Online James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:19:01 PM »
Mike Lea still sells the little fowler with the oct/round barrel in smooth or rifled. Might check with him.

Offline Ezra

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »
Try getting in touch with Brad Emig at:

http://cabincreek.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=13

He make a boys/ladies rifle with a 30" Colerain barrel.  My wife has one in .40 caliber.  She loves it and it gets more attention at the rendezvous than ANY of my firearms... ::)

Ez
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 12:17:15 AM »
Mike Lea used to sell a scaled down, kids-sized trade fowler style stock and barrel combo (I think these might have used the same barrels that Vernon sold).  It was a nice little, very lightweight gun.

Guy

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 12:54:56 AM »
I had Fred Miller shape a blank that I had to the boys rifle profile he has, it is super. I used a 28" 3/4 .40 Ed Rayle barrel in it and it feels great, very light and I still have a lot of wood to take off. So far I only have the barrel,tang,lock (used one of the little Betsy's) trigger and butt plate in but the profile, drop and width are very nice. He did have stocks with oct to round barrels in them but I already had the wood and barrel. I like the little guns, I just got a piece of walnut 42X6X8 and I think I will slab it out and let him do me a couple of more.

Tim C.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:56:39 AM by Tim Crosby »

Offline Z. Buck

• Fabricati Diem Pvnc
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 01:29:27 AM »
here here on the Mike Lea gun, very very nice, and very light, if you did see it next to something you would never know it was a small gun, and if he doesnt have a part for it he will tell you where to get it the fastest, whether its from him or someone else, Mike is a great guy
I Make Inflammatory Statements

Be Prepared

George F.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:06:58 AM »
I'm gett'n old...when I first saw the topic I thought it said KING SIZED BARRELS... Geo.

Sam Everly

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 07:17:09 AM »
Check with Rice barrels they did make a A- swamped barrel in 32 cal. I got one but it ain't for sale . It is soooo cute.  I think Vernon Davis did have some at one time.

Online James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:57:09 AM »
Give Troy or Shannon a call at Stonewall Outfitters. They bought out Vernon Davis.